• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry, never used Hysol myself. It has it's place for sure. I know he is busy but I wonder if @Flyrcjoe could expand on this, he has changed my glue choices completely but I still don't use Hysol. I am kinda curious as well because I'm gearing up for a 40% scratch build this Winter with a hole lot of engine on the nose.:sneaky:

BalsaDust

Sorry, never used Hysol myself. It has it's place for sure. I know he is busy but I wonder if @Flyrcjoe could expand on this, he has changed my glue choices completely but I still don't use Hysol. I am kinda curious as well because I'm gearing up for a 40% scratch build this Winter with a hole lot of engine on the nose.:sneaky:
Boy you know how to get us all excited don't you buddy. Can't wait to see what you build next. Maybe the Cap you started working on. ;)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Boy you know how to get us all excited don't you buddy. Can't wait to see what you build next. Maybe the Cap you started working on. ;)

Nope, cap is on the back back back back burner. Probably 2016 build. 40% will not have a complete build thread but I'll probably let a few pics out. One of a kind, no kits, no reproduction just for fun project.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2

I use Hysol 9462 when installing my motor boxes or anywhere that I am attaching wood to fiberglass. If the joint is super tight I use the titebond medium. I have actually assembled full motor boxes with just titebond medium. I have used other brands of ca in the past in height vibration areas and have found it to get brittle and crack. The titebond ca does not have any issue like that. I have motor boxes that over 2 years old that do not have any failure points and it is not rubbery either. My rule of thumb is if there is a gap I use Hysol, if it is tight I use ca.

Here is a link to where I buy my ca.
http://mysupplycart.com/storefront_...type_code_tree=H1000,H1U00&RequestTimeout=120

BalsaDust

I believe terry said he had good results gluing the pieces together and then running a bead of medium ca down the joint and sprinkling micro balloons on it. Adds very little weight and makes a pretty little fillet.