• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Sub'd...I was just checking out the joe woodworker site yesterday and making a list of all the goodies I want to order for bagging. Curious to see your results as I plan to build a vac system in a few months to use on a viper next year.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
My vacuum system is done. Only problem is I don't love the vacuum regulator. It has to drop at least 4in of m. Before it kicks on. Is that a problem.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I wouldn't think so. All systems are going to have some sort of deadband. I would think as long as your somewhere between 4-8" you should be good, hopefully @Terryscustom can chime in.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You getting there covering is always time consuming and difficult to do well. But it is looking good. I have covered my fair share. That is one reason why I prefer to paint .

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I wouldn't think so. All systems are going to have some sort of deadband. I would think as long as your somewhere between 4-8" you should be good, hopefully @Terryscustom can chime in.

That's about what mine does I set the pump to stop at about 11hg and it will kick back on between 7 and 8. Works fine like that.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Update.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 266

daman691003

70cc twin V2
It's done ready for maiden next weekend. Just one problem. Vipers next. But got a shapeoko 3 coming this week. Anyone wanna see that get build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 240

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Hey I'm starting viper in next few days. When using hysol do u only use as fillets. Can I glue with wood glue then use hysol as fillets.