• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a real good weight! With a da120 this thing would be a complete animal

That's pretty much what you get in the Viper with a nicely broken in DA100L and DLE111 / DLE120 as well;) I love my DA120's but they have broken more hinges and shook parts loose in more ARF's than I've ever seen. They are simply stupid power though, no need for one for stupid performance in a Viper however. The new Viper cowl may house a DA120 but it would be close with the straight plugs, but I would say that some additional structure in the engine box would be required to handle the vibes.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Scheme for the green one is very similar to the yellow Viper but with the wings similar to the orange Viper. I'm also going to airbrush flames on the top of the cowl and canopy. Finished the flame outlines in CAD this morning. I have not decided whether to go with checkers or fangs like the Yellow one. Either way the wing bottoms will be silver base with black checkers or fangs.

Green Viper-ST.jpg

Attachments

• flames-Model.jpg
    flames-Model.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 19335=12685-7.jpg
    19335=12685-7.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 221

yakken

100cc
What do you use to trim the canopy after its glued on. Prolly a stupid question but i dont want to crack it.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
What do you use to trim the canopy after its glued on. Prolly a stupid question but i dont want to crack it.

Razor blade close and sanding block to finish. Works well. This isn't cheap China plastic canopy material, so the real PETG stays a little rubbery and is easy to work with.

yakken

100cc
Razor blade close and sanding block to finish. Works well. This isn't cheap China plastic canopy material, so the real PETG stays a little rubbery and is easy to work with.
I have a canopy im putting on a pilot. So i guess its cheap plastic. I dont wanna crack it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419432724235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419432724235.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 262
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419432731341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419432731341.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 266