• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow! Now that looks sharp! What did you use for the pinstripe? Cut covering or pinstripe tape? Also I guess I am confused, I thought you were using Monokote, but you said you are using Ultracote?
Travis

Automotive pinstripe is the way to go. Super thin and light and way easier than ultracote stripe. I do not use Monokote, I love the colors that mono offers but hate working with it.

kork

70cc twin V2
Terry, Great job on the covering and of course the plane! When I graduate to the 35% I will be picking up one your kits for sure.
I agree with the ease of Ultra vs all others. The ultra disappears when your doing wing tips or just blending onto another surface.
Fantastic job ,again!!
Jason

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Fair warning to all! Get your Kits ordered while they are on sale! You will not regret buying one of these! Mine is ready and will start being assembled soon!

I picked mine up this morning. If anybody is on the fence about buying this, just do it the quality that Terry and Rick have put into this kit is just amazing. I'm looking forward to building this after I'm done with the Slick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 309

rrpech

30cc
Why do you guys use blue foam on the kit? I was told to never use blue or pink foam because it heavier.

There is no blue foam there. If I know what Terry used, it is probably .75 or 1# density white foam.

Used blue foam, or fan fold to make lots of foamies year back.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Why do you guys use blue foam on the kit? I was told to never use blue or pink foam because it heavier.

The kits are .7# density white foam, only thing I used pink foam for is cowl plugs. Blue foam is toxic when cut with a hotwire so I won't ever use that. Just the light that was there when the pic was taken I'm sure.