• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
These planes ROCK! If you haven't tried one yet...get one. You wont believe how good they fly!

Hopefully soon we'll know. Airplane arrives in a few days, and we're settled on the Omega 130g motor, and some Savox SH-0257MG servos.

-G

hosam

70cc twin V2
These planes ROCK! If you haven't tried one yet...get one. You wont believe how good they fly!

Missed out... gotta wait for more to come in...
Hopefully soon we'll know. Airplane arrives in a few days, and we're settled on the Omega 130g motor, and some Savox SH-0257MG servos.

-G

What is the difference between these servos and the 65mg servos? They have the same torque form what I have seen...

Santi8

70cc twin V2
My slick got here today as well as my servos. Just waiting in my motor and still searching for an esc.
Omega 130
Hs65mg
Hs85mg on elevator.
What batteries are common with this motor?

gyro

GSN Contributor
My slick got here today as well as my servos. Just waiting in my motor and still searching for an esc.
Omega 130
Hs65mg
Hs85mg on elevator.
What batteries are common with this motor?

Wait a sec...
Did I miss something? Does this call for a larger elevator servo?

Missed out... gotta wait for more to come in...

What is the difference between these servos and the 65mg servos? They have the same torque form what I have seen...

I believe they are a little bit faster, and are digital. Both are great servos!

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Wait a sec...
Did I miss something? Does this call for a larger elevator servo?

Every person I've talked to about 48" planes recommended the 85 for the elevator. I don't know if it's a must, but if Wamsy wanted me to put an 85 in the epp extra, I will be doing it on this plane for sure.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Every person I've talked to about 48" planes recommended the 85 for the elevator. I don't know if it's a must, but if Wamsy wanted me to put an 85 in the epp extra, I will be doing it on this plane for sure.

Well, in that case, I'll just throw a SH-0255MG back there the elevator and rudder.. It's got nearly the same torque as an 85, but still a micro servo. In my expeience, they don't like servo arm entensions, but I think it'll still give me a ton of throw on the stock long arm. I've got one on my 48" Vyper elevator right now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary - I run TowerPro MG90s all around on mine - a low cost solution and they work for me. Have had no issues. I do not fly much at high speeds, but it has done all I needed. I am sure the Hitec/Savox would be much better.

Groovejet put this together - you might find it useful. It covers most of these hybrid planes: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678035

Thanks for the info. We'll be set then with the 255 in the tail, and 257 on the wings.
We need groovejet over here! Has anyone invited him?

Last edited by a moderator: