• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What beer ya drinking tonight?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Picked up some Space Dust at the gas station on the way home tonight. Couldn’t stand the thought of drinking sub par beers again tonight.

Hoppy Poppy and this tonight...

First time I had it.

beer_ - 1 (2).jpg

Geez I got all excited because I finally got some for the first time. Didn't know I was shopping in the wrong place! haha.

So is the taste different once they sit for a few years? I would think so based off the taste.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Geez I got all excited because I finally got some for the first time. Didn't know I was shopping in the wrong place! haha.

So is the taste different once they sit for a few years? I would think so based off the taste.

Yes. Kind of like a vintage wine. Some years age better than others though. The 2014 vintage is really coming into its prime right now. Probably why it’s selling for $25 bucks or more per 12 oz bottle on the beer forums. I wish they still sold it in the 12 oz bottles. As strong as this stuff is, 12 oz is about right.

http://beerblackbook.com/beerprofile.php?link=133&var=430

Yes, I agree on the 12oz. Had 2 or 3 ipa's and then that. Was hard finishing. If I got it again would just have it by itself for sure.

I saved 6 years of a barleywine beer once and had a taste test with them all. Was quite interesting. The one in the middle was noticeably different and really good. The rest tasted close to the latest year.