• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What beer ya drinking tonight?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A couple of Creature Comforts Tropicalia while I get some ribs ready for smoking tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20181231_205505.jpg
    20181231_205505.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 230
Saturday night did a local brewery crawl with some family. This last place was not even a block from their house. The husband brews beer and the wife bakes bread. They use some of the spent grains for the bread too and some of the bread/yeast for the beer.

The bottom photo is an imperial dark sour porter with blueberries and vanilla. I'm not a sour beer person but this was the best beer of the day by far. Was balanced.

Had another that smelled like sour kraut....but tasted pretty good. Didn't taste like it smelled. Fun times.

beer1_ - 1.jpg
beer1_ - 2.jpg
beer1_ - 1.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Saturday night did a local brewery crawl with some family. This last place was not even a block from their house. The husband brews beer and the wife bakes bread. They use some of the spent grains for the bread too and some of the bread/yeast for the beer.

The bottom photo is an imperial dark sour porter with blueberries and vanilla. I'm not a sour beer person but this was the best beer of the day by far. Was balanced.

Had another that smelled like sour kraut....but tasted pretty good. Didn't taste like it smelled. Fun times.

View attachment 107906 View attachment 107907 View attachment 107906
Now I’m hungry for fresh bread!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
One of my favorite IPA’s, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA! Is a local limited release beer that comes out once per year. Scored some on the way home from work last night. Love this stuff.

27411617-B308-4821-9ACB-989DFB3C5F3E.jpeg
C35CB741-1032-4932-B366-84ABC2276117.jpeg