Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. AKNick

AKNick 640cc Uber Pimp

Alaska
    Saw a post on social media of a fellow who built a twin chipmunk... much like the P-82, twin fuselage. Pretty neat. I have a soft spot for the chippy. Built a Carl Goldberg version back in the day.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Little mini Paramotor showed up the other day.

para1.png para2.png

dhal22, TonyHallo, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  3. Postman was good today, delivered cowl, canopy and wheel pants for the Chipmunk. The cowl is huge! Ready for next build

IMG_1184.JPG

AKNick, BalsaDust, -Rick- and 3 others like this.
  4. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I'll take a look in the hostetler forum over on rcsb and read up on Chipmunks.

Snoopy1 and WMcNabb like this.
  5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    WOW!! What scale? 1/3?

6. 30% 120" span. I think I read somewhere that G&L Hobbies from your neck of the woods was making them for national Balsa. Always wanted their Nosen Cessna 310 glass fuselage and parts, maybe some day.

WMcNabb likes this.
  7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Interesting! Definitely in my neck of the woods. Seeing a 1/5 scale version on their site now.
    http://www.glhobbies.com/Chip/chipmunk.html

8. If that was a little bigger would have bought one years ago.

WMcNabb likes this.
  9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    So this showed up today...
    The other night I was sleepy surfing the classifieds on a couple of sites and came across this charger.
    My current one doesn’t do a good job on the larger packs so I convinced myself that I needed this one and pulled the trigger.
    Looks brandy new, so we’ll see how well it does.

2D1354E9-9EEC-4563-8A69-6D6B44A182D9.jpeg