• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Alright guys.... LMAO....that was pretty good David. So at long last, it is here and I will show you all. I had to let my son play with it before I was allowed to post any photos. LOL. That said....winner, winner chicken dinner. David (@HRRC Flyer) guess it right off. First let me say, thanks fellas for playing along with my silly little game. I love doing this to you gents. LOL. Now, without further ado, the radio. Ah but first let me say...hee hee… It took a long time for me to be sure and a "LOT" of convincing. But I did pull the trigger on the MZ32. I talked with Manny at Graupner USA and he told me that this radio has more capability than a good percentage of average everyday end users will ever use. Well, ok...that is all well and good, but what will it do? His response was, "A better question is what will it not do"? Not much. Dang well, if you all go to the Graupner web site, it will tell you everything you need to know.
https://www.graupnerusa.com/mz-32-32-CH-HoTT-Color-TFT-Radio-System-S1024.html
Ok, the photos...
View attachment 105257 View attachment 105258 View attachment 105259 View attachment 105260 View attachment 105261 View attachment 105262 View attachment 105263 View attachment 105264 View attachment 105265 View attachment 105266 View attachment 105267 View attachment 105268 View attachment 105269 View attachment 105270 View attachment 105271 View attachment 105272 View attachment 105273 View attachment 105274 View attachment 105275 View attachment 105276 View attachment 105277 View attachment 105278 View attachment 105279 View attachment 105280 View attachment 105281 View attachment 105282 View attachment 105283 View attachment 105284 View attachment 105285 View attachment 105286 View attachment 105287 View attachment 105288 View attachment 105289 View attachment 105290 View attachment 105291
I especially like SW2 and SW6. They are three position, but the third position is momentary. In essence, hold for function and let go. It returns to second position. This would come in handy for on board starting systems to make your plane even more scale in function. First position is your ignition. Then pull/push forward and starter is activated. Once engine is started, release and starter disengages and motor is running. Both 2 and 6 used together would be great on a twin engine. Another really cool feature is that you can sync engines like on a B29 to spool up Port wing engines to assist right hand turns. Spool up Starboard wing engines for left hand turns. Ground handling is greatly improved with this feature. There is just so much this radio can do, it is just overwhelming. In my mind? It is one "SICK" radio. Manny also told me, (because I asked) there will be a firmware upgrade coming later this year for the radio to enable a photo of your model being loaded to the radio and then displayed when selected from the menu. It is in the radio now, but not functional until the firmware upgrade. How cool would that be? I want to fly my newest creation, the Pilot RC 330sc. Select it from menu and that gorgeous beast is now on the display. Ah yeah!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. In the second to last photo you will see a circle with a question mark in it. So here is what it does. The manual is very-"VERY" thin. Why? Because you push the question mark on the front screen and a complete list of instructions guides...."WALKS" you through your complete setup for each function. Ok, this is total bad ass if you ask me.

I could go on all night fellas. But honestly you know as much about this radio as I do. Time to start playing with it. LOL.

Well you did it-nice choice. It will be good radio for awhile. Went through the Graupner site. There is is lot of info on the radio man this can do anything. And some features that I have never even thought of. How is there receiver selection pretty good I expect. Do like the feature of several receivers throughout the plane instead of power distribution box. Please keep us informed very interested in the radio. Nice buy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Alright guys.... LMAO....that was pretty good David. So at long last, it is here and I will show you all. I had to let my son play with it before I was allowed to post any photos. LOL. That said....winner, winner chicken dinner. David (@HRRC Flyer) guess it right off. First let me say, thanks fellas for playing along with my silly little game. I love doing this to you gents. LOL. Now, without further ado, the radio. Ah but first let me say...hee hee… It took a long time for me to be sure and a "LOT" of convincing. But I did pull the trigger on the MZ32. I talked with Manny at Graupner USA and he told me that this radio has more capability than a good percentage of average everyday end users will ever use. Well, ok...that is all well and good, but what will it do? His response was, "A better question is what will it not do"? Not much. Dang well, if you all go to the Graupner web site, it will tell you everything you need to know.
https://www.graupnerusa.com/mz-32-32-CH-HoTT-Color-TFT-Radio-System-S1024.html
Ok, the photos...
View attachment 105257 View attachment 105258 View attachment 105259 View attachment 105260 View attachment 105261 View attachment 105262 View attachment 105263 View attachment 105264 View attachment 105265 View attachment 105266 View attachment 105267 View attachment 105268 View attachment 105269 View attachment 105270 View attachment 105271 View attachment 105272 View attachment 105273 View attachment 105274 View attachment 105275 View attachment 105276 View attachment 105277 View attachment 105278 View attachment 105279 View attachment 105280 View attachment 105281 View attachment 105282 View attachment 105283 View attachment 105284 View attachment 105285 View attachment 105286 View attachment 105287 View attachment 105288 View attachment 105289 View attachment 105290 View attachment 105291
I especially like SW2 and SW6. They are three position, but the third position is momentary. In essence, hold for function and let go. It returns to second position. This would come in handy for on board starting systems to make your plane even more scale in function. First position is your ignition. Then pull/push forward and starter is activated. Once engine is started, release and starter disengages and motor is running. Both 2 and 6 used together would be great on a twin engine. Another really cool feature is that you can sync engines like on a B29 to spool up Port wing engines to assist right hand turns. Spool up Starboard wing engines for left hand turns. Ground handling is greatly improved with this feature. There is just so much this radio can do, it is just overwhelming. In my mind? It is one "SICK" radio. Manny also told me, (because I asked) there will be a firmware upgrade coming later this year for the radio to enable a photo of your model being loaded to the radio and then displayed when selected from the menu. It is in the radio now, but not functional until the firmware upgrade. How cool would that be? I want to fly my newest creation, the Pilot RC 330sc. Select it from menu and that gorgeous beast is now on the display. Ah yeah!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. In the second to last photo you will see a circle with a question mark in it. So here is what it does. The manual is very-"VERY" thin. Why? Because you push the question mark on the front screen and a complete list of instructions guides...."WALKS" you through your complete setup for each function. Ok, this is total bad ass if you ask me.

I could go on all night fellas. But honestly you know as much about this radio as I do. Time to start playing with it. LOL.

A while back when both of us were looking for new radios we discussed up date times and the Hitec radio had one of the best up date times for all 9 channels. I belive it was somewhere around 9 milliseconds Looked at the Graupner specifications and could not find it would you know what it is and how they break it up in packages of the 32 channels, be interesting to know. The only radio that I know of that did in every unique way was the JR 28 channel DMSS And was fast.

WMcNabb

150cc
I’m all excited about trying the IBEC which arrived today from Tech-Aero. But can’t even compare to Stang’s MZ-32 delivery!!

image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So I delved into the MZ 32 tonight. I figured it won't program itself. Damn radio can do everything else, why can't it program itself? LOL. I figured I would start with something really basic. Like naming my first model into the radio. Any guesses fellas? Anyway, got that easy enough... then I figured I would bind the receiver to the radio. This radio has a really neat feature called "Global" binding and "Group" binding. It all has to do with how many receivers are listening to that frequency. And set up for multi receiver setup. I chose the Global on the first model programmed into the radio. Took me three times to figure out what I was doing but once I understood it, the receiver and radio got married and now they are a team effort. LOL.

I will post more tomorrow on the setup of this radio.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So the new 330 is what I chose to program the new MZ 32 on. I spent about an hour and a half this morning just looking at first through the multitudes of menus and functions of each. Wow! Sooo much more versatility than I've been accustomed to with the A9x. Getting familiar with it was much "MUCH" easier than I thought it would be. Once I got started, heck I was sailing through calm waters. I think it took me a total of 10 minutes to name, set control channels and tie multi channels together. Oh and this I "REALLY" like. With the A9x on the 330, I used all 9 channels and still had to gang the rudder servos into one channel. It was ok but fine tuning was kind of painstakingly frustrating. Now on the MZ 32, everything including the beasty HS7980TH rudder servos have their own separate channel. That's going to make for some ultra smoooooth fine tuning. And speaking of that, I can't wait to program the Behemoth Yak (2) into this radio. Just being able to assign each of the (6) aileron servos their own channel will be so awesome. Omg, I love, love...LOVE this radio.

More in just a bit fellas.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
So I delved into the MZ 32 tonight. I figured it won't program itself. Damn radio can do everything else, why can't it program itself? LOL. I figured I would start with something really basic. Like naming my first model into the radio. Any guesses fellas? Anyway, got that easy enough... then I figured I would bind the receiver to the radio. This radio has a really neat feature called "Global" binding and "Group" binding. It all has to do with how many receivers are listening to that frequency. And set up for multi receiver setup. I chose the Global on the first model programmed into the radio. Took me three times to figure out what I was doing but once I understood it, the receiver and radio got married and now they are a team effort. LOL.

I will post more tomorrow on the setup of this radio.
Keeps us informed really interested. Yes it is going to learning curve to the radio and what words mean what.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was actually able to get the initial setup done on the 330 a couple of nights ago. Seems pretty nice at the moment. Now I just need to figure out how to make sense of the throw rates and the expo. As with any new radio I have purchased in the past, (and found myself going back to my trusty Hitec A9x) I am only just a little nervous putting it into one of my favorite planes for testing. Ugh... "IF" there is so much as a sneeze, The plane comes home and does not fly.
saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon.gif
Not taking a single chance with the big 330.