• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I absolutely understand that one. Dealt with airline “people” yesterday and didn’t get home last night as planned. Another night in a hotel and early flight this morning - but HOME!
Yep, it has gotten pathetic. Ninety five percent of the populous could not care less about doing their job but sure do want that pay raise. Ninety five percent of the populous think their opinion/way is the only opinion/way and everybody else is doing it wrong. I do my absolute best to respect every single soul until they give me a reason not to, that includes on line.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
And when I arrived home, this was waiting. Postman left a box from Jersey Modeler.
Definitely a Yippee moment!

View attachment 104838
Nice! But keep an eye on the clamp that attaches the pump to the handle. It looks the same as the one they use on the electric version, and my buddies electric one the plastic clamp is failing. His is a few years old, so they may have changed some things since then. I liked how his worked so much that when the electric pump I had failed, I bought the same Graylor brand one that they use, it works awesome.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Silly as it may be, I actually used a starter on my 32cc gasser on my Cessna. I guess I was too fat and lazy to bend down that far. Hence, why I have big planes that swing big props. I don't have to stoop as far. Lol. Originally the Cessna had a Saito 180 on it with on board electric starter. I added the starter not because a Saito "needs" a starter. Please...lol. I added it for the "cooool" factor. Yes, everyone has their own way of doing things. But that is what makes this hobby so fun, educational and interesting. Starter, no starter, flip till ya hurt... it's all good.

I'm happy you got tracking info Doug. Can't wait to see more new toys!
smiley.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Silly as it may be, I actually used a starter on my 32cc gasser on my Cessna. I guess I was too fat and lazy to bend down that far. Hence, why I have big planes that swing big props. I don't have to stoop as far. Lol. Originally the Cessna had a Saito 180 on it with on board electric starter. I added the starter not because a Saito "needs" a starter. Please...lol. I added it for the "cooool" factor. Yes, everyone has their own way of doing things. But that is what makes this hobby so fun, educational and interesting. Starter, no starter, flip till ya hurt... it's all good.

I'm happy you got tracking info Doug. Can't wait to see more new toys!
View attachment 104842
I have agree with mister Stang I just had the pleasure of installing a Gaui 50cc four stroke engine with an electric starter on it. Now that is cool when you stand back push the button and the motor starts up. I liked it but it is a pain to install and it takes up four radio channels to operate.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have agree with mister Stang I just had the pleasure of installing a Gaui 50cc four stroke engine with an electric starter on it. Now that is cool when you stand back push the button and the motor starts up. I liked it but it is a pain to install and it takes up four radio channels to operate.
Four channels? It can actually be quite painless and easy to do. And it should really only utilize one extra channel. If using a gas engine, you'll be using one channel for your spark/ignition activation. This is very standard and common for all gas engine applications. Glow on the other hand does have an advantage there. Unless you are using on board glow, (which I liked because it keeps things clean-no holes in cowl for glow ignitor) you will still only use one channel as you would gas/ignition. As for the starter itself, I use one channel and map my transmitter to the spring loaded trainer switch for starter activation. This mapping does not affect any other model I may want to train with. May I inquire as to how your system needed four channels to operate?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Four channels? It can actually be quite painless and easy to do. And it should really only utilize one extra channel. If using a gas engine, you'll be using one channel for your spark/ignition activation. This is very standard and common for all gas engine applications. Glow on the other hand does have an advantage there. Unless you are using on board glow, (which I liked because it keeps things clean-no holes in cowl for glow ignitor) you will still only use one channel as you would gas/ignition. As for the starter itself, I use one channel and map my transmitter to the spring loaded trainer switch for starter activation. This mapping does not affect any other model I may want to train with. May I inquire as to how your system needed four channels to operate?

One channel for the throttle servo. Second channel for the chock servo. Third channel to turn on/off the engine. Fourth channel to in gage the starter solenoid.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
One channel for the throttle servo. Second channel for the chock servo. Third channel to turn on/off the engine. Fourth channel to in gage the starter solenoid.

Oh well duh...
crazy-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

I spent all afternoon with my head in a daze trying to figger out what you meant. And then my head starting hurting and then I decided to take an old man nap and then I woke up and then I saw your response and then I was like...umm duh and then.... lol. Ya got me Snoops. Lol

BalsaDust

I hope it goes well snoop. It’s one of the few yaks I really like the look of but I have heard a lot of people complain about the quality on the flex one. I hope it was just a first run thing and has all been sorted out as I know all his foamies go together well and that the Mamba has as well.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok sir @stangflyer hope I am not breaking the rules of this thread. I picked this from the LHS and will be picking away at it as time allows and how i feel. But after flying the Inverse 33 I am really looking forward to this one.
View attachment 104887
No rules broken. Just don't let your wife know you are playing Mr. Postman. LOL... Good luck with the build. I really like a Yak. Hope the quality and craftsmanship is superb.:way_to_go: