Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have a quick question my iron failed last week and my hot air gun failed last night. So before I go and buy new ones I would like to know if you gentleman have any recommendations or even don’t buy this but anything else. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Anxious to understand the various options on this one.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    For a covering iron, I have this one. Works well, no issues.
    https://www.amazon.com/Coverite-Century-Sealing-Electronic-Temperature/dp/B000X4PZBM

Alky6 likes this.
  4. This is the iron I use. If it ever quits I'll buy another one just like it. Works great.
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=covr2700

And this is the heat gun I use. It also works great.
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHZ16&P=ML

Alky6, Snoopy1 and WMcNabb like this.
  5. Don't know how to multi quote so. I don't think I would like the self adjusting simply because to many plastic parts. I have been looking over the SWB stuff and believe I can go with the two arms on the servos without the need of a third bell crank arm. For those that have done these set up's, would that work?

6. I love the Coverite 21st Century Sealing Iron, also use the Top Flite Heat Gun. I also prefer the Top Flite Trim Seal Tool over the others, the tip gets in tight spaces better to me.

pawnshopmike, Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.
  7. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Got some more RC goodies for the 78" Extra in. The new VVRC fuel tanks are nice. The fill line is all metal and goes to the bottom of the tank. Pick up line is backed with an anti flex sleeve and has a fuzzy clunk.

0109192219-00.jpg

stangflyer, WMcNabb, Alky6 and 3 others like this.
  8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I second this on the iron. Mike gifted me one to use when I built a plane for him. It took a bit to get used to it as the angle of the head on it is compleltly different than the top flight one but I love it. Holds heat great and the temps are jumping all over the place.

Alky6, 49dimes, acerc and 2 others like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I agree with you people are making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be. What you are suggesting works just fine. I am not home right now but if you are interested in the one I make up for myself let me know, if are I will make up sketch.

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada