Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Yep they are still around.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

They do. But Horizon "Owns" them now.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. I figured it would do so I ordered the arms and linkage.

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

@acerc The self adjusting tray gives you one feature you can't get in the hard link. If one servo locks up, quits, or goes hard over one direction, you still have some rudder control. Even if one goes hard over one way, opposite stick will center the rudder. Also, the purpose of the third (bellcrank) arm, is to take the cable load off the servo bearings. I've seen a 40% Sukhoi kill the lead servo's bearing in less than 20 flights. Might have been a fluke, might not. The same airplane has flown many, many times with a 2 servo SWB self adjusting tray with no issues.

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for that just have get them on order.

49dimes likes this.
  6. Jetpainter

I'm going to send some pictures to the guy I've been dealing with at their US warehouse and see what he says. I agree it's the shipping company gorillas fault, XPO Logistics, but if they would have had a piece of cheap Masonite lining the box like they did on my Pilot Edge, the damage wouldn't have happened. One layer of cardboard just isn't enough.

Even the driver admitted the guys that work on the loading docks for his company aren't careful at all.

I did have one really good result with USPS damaging something. I bought a used but unflown Goblin helicopter off of Helifreak from a hobby shop, and when it got here the canopy was cracked in several places. I called the guy and he told me he would put in a claim. I figured that was the last I would ever hear of it. A few weeks later a brand spanking new Goblin canopy showed up in the mail.:)

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. Do you think I could mount a bellcrank arm to the ply, I have one and could add it? The pic is from the manual.

Attached Files:

Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Just so I understood you correctly your plan is to use two servos on the rudder.

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. Yes.... PAU recommends 400oz, I have two 200oz so two servo's it is.

49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  10. Jetpainter

Looks pretty nice. Check out the one that came with my new Pilot Decathlon. This is the first stock tank I've ever wanted to use before. Aluminum cap, brass fittings, brass line in the tank, and a filtered clunk. The fuel dot is pretty neat too, it's uses a magnet to hold the center in, not an O-ring.

20190110_204444_resized.jpg 20190110_205026_resized.jpg

dhal22, WMcNabb, Alky6 and 5 others like this.