Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

I finally treated myself to a good quality set of allen drivers and Made in the USA!
    IMG_20190206_112902228.jpg

49dimes, dhal22, WMcNabb and 6 others like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Good tools is the best. Love tools and if it American, German or British you cannot go wrong.

49dimes, acerc and Bartman like this.
  3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I was going to buy Promodeler servos until I read some posts by Promodeler about compatabilty issues with Spektrum PowerSafe receivers. I emailed them and got a long email back about why I shouldn't use the radio equipment I've been using without issue for years. He said the problem was fixed, but gave no explanation of what the fix was, then went on and on about his dislike of Spektrum. I just decided to stick with what I know works.

49dimes, Bartman and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for that I fly Spectrum as well so that is good to know. So if it does not work with his servos it is a Spectrum problem????

5. Jetpainter

Evidently they do have issues, but it's only with some servos. Spektrum certainly isn't perfect, but the reliability with mine for the last 8 years has been, so I have no intention of fixing what's not broke if you know what I mean .;)

49dimes, Snoopy1 and Bartman like this.
  6. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    You know your going to have to get the metric set as well. And while your at it get a second set of each for the tool box.

7. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Isn't that the same line used on their threads, "Evidently they do have issues, but it's only with some radios."

Sorry! Just had to do it...:laughing:

8. Jetpainter

As do all radio brands.

9. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

You are correct, a set for the shop, a set for your field box and me, a set for my service van.

Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.
  10. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

All the mismatched ones go in the flying box, matching nut drivers are on their way also. :)

Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.