• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
More forward movement. Cowl is cut out for the mufflers, and the vent doors are installed. Also installed ignition and regulator.

12933005_10209976024584136_2634476993217203781_n.jpg

12936684_10209976026464183_8895382687672307306_n.jpg

Cowl holes look a little funny in the picture but they're cut evenly. I am anal about that kind of stuff... :eek::cool:

I ordered up some matching rolls of covering so I can re-cover the bottom of the wing and also ordered up some threaded rod and matching ball links to get rid of the EZ connector on the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hopefully within the next few weeks. There are still some things I need to purchase for it (like a new prop and a spinner) but we're not that far off.

Bipenut53

150cc
Thats great! I hope it all goes smooth for you... Looking forward to more cool pictures of you flying that plane

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Actually, I believe the only thing I need now is a new propeller and a spinner. Bought a PowerBox PowerExpander SRS and 2 Maxima SL receivers today, we're on the home stretch!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Maxima SL receivers all wrapped up snugly in their flight preservers. I decided to go back to using them since they hold the receiver tight, insulate it against vibrations, and I can stick them anywhere with Velcro. The Velcro bond is so tight that it takes force to pull them apart!

20160406_115018_resized.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah I have a newfound affection for them, especially since they stick to Velcro. Plus, our receivers generate very little to no heat at all so there's no problem in using them!

The only disadvantage is you can't see the LED on the receiver to verify that it is turned on, but they're usually covered up by the canopy anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah I have a newfound affection for them, especially since they stick to Velcro. Plus, our receivers generate very little to no heat at all so there's no problem in using them!

The only disadvantage is you can't see the LED on the receiver to verify that it is turned on, but they're usually covered up by the canopy anyways.

Those look like they would really do a great job of protecting! I've never seen such a thing.