• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
What is azhar ?

Ya... as Bipenut said. Azhar was a fantastic guy that would do just about anything for anyone and ran his company (Aztechaeromodels.com) that way. It was tough to talk to him during his fight with cancer. I pray blessings on his family.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Is his wife running the company right now? I've talked with her over the phone, super nice lady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Ah got ya. Another good one taken by that evil stuff. Sucks man. Ive seen too many go by that crap. Sorry you guys lost such a great friend.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
New hotness for the Slick. Nose is finally finished, and it fits perfectly. You should see the spinner gap (or almost lack there of) :eek:

13094313_10210212994108226_8524816928939318626_n.jpg

[MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] hooked it up with a Fourtitude tank too, I'll toss that in sometime this week.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Some pictures from this weekend. I decided to try out the SFG's to see what they would do- 2 flights with them and 2 flights without so I could see the difference. First 2 flights of the day were with them on and I noticed right away that the airplane tracked extremely well at speed (not that it didn't before) and did every speedy maneuver I could think of with laser precision. Pop tops had the airplane spinning what seemed like an endless number of times before it finally pointed the nose back down. They made the ailerons feel a bit more responsive in high alpha. Knife edge flight was of course on par and tracked extremely well, wide open I could hold knife edge with nothing more than a feathers touch of rudder.

20160501_101338_resized.jpg

When I flipped it onto its back for an inverted harrier is when I noticed the SFG's had a profound effect on the airframe. It seemed to be a bit wobbly and less precise, wanting to roll out real bad in turns. I do have my CG a bit nose heavy (and now that I have a spinner, even more so) so I will need to push it back to see what it does. I noticed it doesn't want to snap to vertical real quick in a harrier like other slicks I've flown do. I'm sure these tendencies will go away once I have the CG correct.

But otherwise the SFG's made it fly awesome. It would not roll out on knife edge, even high alpha, so turns were simple and easy. Looking forward to doing more testing this Saturday.

20160501_105338_resized.jpg

Oh and the DA70 is nearly ripping the prop now. It's an animal, finally starting to really wake up. :eek::cool: