• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Yak rebuild

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys! Hoping to finish the radio install and tank tonight. Tomorrow I'll sort out the wings and hopefully Friday finish the radio program. Saturday run and give the airframe a good shakedown. And hopefully if weather cooperates Sunday will be the maiden. My fingers are crossed!

mikeh

70cc twin V2
It's amazing how long it takes for all the piddley crap! But the fuse is finally finished. Tomorrow night will be a busy one.

Attachments

• 20150730_221530.jpg
    20150730_221530.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 20150730_221514.jpg
    20150730_221514.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 325

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Flight report: I'm very happy with it!! All smiles in Green Bay! It needed just a click of elevator for level flight.
The GP and ES pipes are super quiet and at 13.5" header length is spot on. Really smooth combination. Endless power. My CG was good., just a ever so slight fall on a 45 line. It Flys like it's on rails. With the lower stab and further placement back the Knife edge needs no correction one way and had a slight pull towards gear the other. I got lucky on that one. Only put two five minute flights on it. I have leaking headers at the couplers and I want to go through the rest of the plane.

Sweet! The ES pipes are the bomb for sure. I think since they are not a "true" tuned pipe, you don't seem to get that peaky spot in the throttle. Now go get some more flights on her and enjoy all the work you put into her.