• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 100cc PAU Viper

sweetpea

100cc
Some more goodies are showing up today...Smart Fly ignition kill and my motor mounts( I went with PSP alum ones).

So I'm going to glue up the hinges on all the surfaces and then work on mounting the motor and then the canopy (including fleckstone on the canopy and motorbox).

Also I had some extra Wing bags for a 33% plane (RCarmour I think). They were sewn with a wingtube socket on each back. I undid the threads for the wingtube on each panel and now the wings fit perfect. I need to install a wingtube holder on the bag on the outside like the Wingtote, but that won't be difficult.

sweetpea

100cc
I know this thread is useless without pictures. I have put my build on a slight hold for the last couple days. See, I hurt my lower back really bad in the military (on VA disability for it) and I got a Sleep number bed about a year ago and that made it liveable on most days. Well over the weekend I slipped on my back porch steps in the rain and fell. Hit my back on steps. So far this week I can barely bend over to put my socks on and the pain is 100% there. I hope to get back at it this weekend if the pain goes back down to normal levels.

I'm going to use epoxy with microballons for the hinges. I sand my hinges first to ensure they are roughed up. I'll also open up all the wingtube holes with a Soldering Iron to seal the edges.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to hear that and when it comes to sore back it just make doing things difficult and no fun.

sweetpea

100cc
Not much to update. So had my back and heel issues. They resolved after about a week. Then I took my daughters to Disney World (their first trip). I was going to work on the plane this weekend but we had a wind storm and I lost 3 trees (no home damage though!). So I was cleaning that up.

Finally, I'm making a Job change. So tomorrow I put in my 2 week notice. Not sure if the company is going to fire me on the spot when I do....but my new job pays a whole lot more and I start on the 18th. So I might have a month of min finances until this all plays out. I made a list of all the screws and odd bits I need for the plane.

I still have not decided on the motor, but I'm leaning toward putting a 3W in it and not the BME. I think I'll put the BME in my first GS plane a 35% Aerotech Edge 540 that the wings are not the best condition and use that as a ground test station. The BME final home is always going to be my Meister FW190 D9

On the job line.... Looking at changing again.... I have a new team lead in Maint, who is cutting my hours, and only mine, therefore pulling money out of my pocket. Just when I start to get my nose above water...... Now, I have to figure out how to make another $1K/mo....

sweetpea

100cc
My engine showed up so I mounted it. It's a BE124

First I used my old aeroworks engine template for DA / 3W. As its the same pattern. Then I figure out the spacing and used some PSP spacers plus I always use a alum bracket to space the load.
IMG_20160813_144254594.jpg

Then once it's all drilled out I make some wood mounts for my blind nit's. Simple with a hole saw.
IMG_20160813_140317982.jpg
IMG_20160813_144302233.jpg
IMG_20160813_150127691.jpg