• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2 Finger Pinch or Thumbs

Pinch or Thumbs

• Total voters

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I haven't flown in so long, I don't remember. . . . . .:frown: . I used my thumbs while I was learning to fly, but shortly after I soloed I tried a neck strap and started to pinch the sticks and I haven't looked back.

There is a third method that I wonder how many of you use. I call it the "Modified" pinch method and I've only seen one person use it. My flying buddy puts pads of his thumbs near the tips on the back of the sticks at the top where the grooves are and wedges the front of the sticks about a third of the way down between the first and second joints in his index fingers. It may sound strange, but my buddy is the best pilot I know so I know it works.

So, who else out there uses this method?

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I have tried pinch some, but just does not suit me for some reason. I guess since I use a neck strap it works better to use my thumbs for working the sticks. I see some guys that fly with their radios almost at their knees with the antenna pointing downward. That totally amazes me.

les2097

50cc
If you pinch...a big benefit is flying inverted as all you have to do is take your index finger off the elevator stick and you can't pull the stick backward, toward yourself, thus eliminating mistakes causing a crash into the dirt....!!!

Try it....

pawnshopmike

Staff member
If you pinch...a big benefit is flying inverted as all you have to do is take your index finger off the elevator stick and you can't pull the stick backward, toward yourself, thus eliminating mistakes causing a crash into the dirt....!!!

Try it....
I'll have to experiment with that on the simulator. Thanks for the tip.

thtoyman

New to GSN!
Pinch or Thumbs
, I did pinch one time. but now I can't get my little finger close to the sticks. so all thumbs. just to hard when you not have them all