• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30cc profile from the ashes of a 70" RIP AJ Slick - Build Log

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Can't wait to see this fly. It looks like a mini version of OMP 50cc "hybrid" profile that came out years ago. A profile with a normal wing cord and rib shape should be awesome!

Thanks! As has been mentioned my progress has really slowed but I will get it done eventually.

The next step is to locate where the wings are going to sit and figure out how they are going to attach. Once that is done she will be ready for covering.

3dNater

Cale I love the idea of putting the battery and rx inside the wings. Thst msy end up being part of my build. I also may use aluminum tabs like that but Brigg and I are investigating another method that I am hoping will work out a tad better based on some other factors that come into play as a result of having the wing extensions.

jcrosk

30cc
Great thread 3dNater! I have a set of wings from a 33% Edge I plan on doing the same thing with. I'm interested to see how you attach the wings as well. I haven't been able to wrap my head around a good way to do that yet.

3dNater

Great thread 3dNater! I have a set of wings from a 33% Edge I plan on doing the same thing with. I'm interested to see how you attach the wings as well. I haven't been able to wrap my head around a good way to do that yet.

Thanks jcrosk. I have gotten pretty side tracked from this project but I do plan to come back to it eventually. I do have a few ideas for attaching the wings.

jcrosk

30cc
Thanks jcrosk. I have gotten pretty side tracked from this project but I do plan to come back to it eventually. I do have a few ideas for attaching the wings.

I hear you 3dNater, I started mine a out 9 months ago but haven't touched it since. I've been too busy. Then I got a Velox which has taken priority.