• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
HarHarHar! This mod was done ONLY to enhance the flight qualities....which I am hoping will be great. Personally I don't think Krill should have released the planes if it wasn't correct. This one won't be flying until after winter and I've never flown another one, so I really am trusting that the mod was needed.

If it's not I "could" have reverted back to the original stab incidence.....BUT I've already done something that makes that a bit problematic. I'll go into that later.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Pistolero,
I'm thinking about splitting my ailerons on my 40%. I would like to have the flap option. If I make the cut right between my control horns that would give me 26" outboard and 23" inboard. Does that sound right or does it need more or less? For imac only.
Thanks

tylerzx9r

100cc
Earle, do you need to adjust the incidence on the wing also? On a CARF I had I bought some adjustable incidence blocks for where the wing stay portion goes, those worked awesome for me!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
What is the diameter of your arrow?you can say it in your strange inches,I ll do the conversion:D
Just measured it at 0.280"....or 7.112mm in the Kings language ;)
Here is some more detail on the issue of wing/tail incidence... Wayne M. posted this link to the IMAC website a while back...
http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showpost.php?p=1300175&postcount=38
Yeah...I read that as well. Thanks for posting the link here on GSN!!!
Pistolero,
I'm thinking about splitting my ailerons on my 40%. I would like to have the flap option. If I make the cut right between my control horns that would give me 26" outboard and 23" inboard. Does that sound right or does it need more or less? For imac only.
Thanks
That sounds as good as any...I really don't think it's a critical measurement except if you're wishing to get the split outside of the elevator span. Main thing I would make sure I had a hinge near the end of each section (where the split is located) as they need support to the wing. I did the Krill about an inch past a stock hinge location and then installed another on the other side of the split.
Dang Earle, you really pissed them off across the way..... I tried to find your profile there, and it was gone.
Anyways, get back on the killer build man!!
Yeah....they must really be worried about GSN to do that for giving away some FG T's to sign up here....very immature behavior on their part, if you ask me.
Earle, do you need to adjust the incidence on the wing also? On a CARF I had I bought some adjustable incidence blocks for where the wing stay portion goes, those worked awesome for me!
The recommendations are zero on the wings and +1 on the stabs, which is what I have now :cheers: