• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Can f find that motor, but a 9x6 prop is way too small. If I were you I would just get the Omega 130 or Motrolfly 2815-950KV motor. And a 13x6.5 prop.

Yeah, that's what I'm doin. I did spool it up and it has good power but I don't like such a small prop. Anyone need a good scorpion motor? It's for sale. I'll get it in the classifieds this evening.

Finally got my Yak 55 out today for the maiden shakedown. Flights were docile using the specs in the instructions and 3D will have to wait until I master some of it on my Yak foamy. Anyway, the power of the Omega 130g 870kv motor is impressive and all maneuvers were crisp and sure. ROG's were short and climb out was fast to altitude. Wind was around 10mph and the Yak was tossed around a bit at about 100 feet but still all flights were relatively stable and there were no surprises. Had a slight crosswind on landing but posed little problem. Only flew two 2200mah 3S 40C batteries through her as I was only looking to get a feel for the plane. 5.5 minute flights ran my batteries down to 11.4v. Probably could have went a little longer but like I say at 64 that's about all the focus I can muster at one time. Landings were great on our rough field. Think I'll fly this one a while! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finally got my Yak 55 out today for the maiden shakedown. Flights were docile using the specs in the instructions and 3D will have to wait until I master some of it on my Yak foamy. Anyway, the power of the Omega 130g 870kv motor is impressive and all maneuvers were crisp and sure. ROG's were short and climb out was fast to altitude. Wind was around 10mph and the Yak was tossed around a bit at about 100 feet but still all flights were relatively stable and there were no surprises. Had a slight crosswind on landing but posed little problem. Only flew two 2200mah 3S 40C batteries through her as I was only looking to get a feel for the plane. 5.5 minute flights ran my batteries down to 11.4v. Probably could have went a little longer but like I say at 64 that's about all the focus I can muster at one time. Landings were great on our rough field. Think I'll fly this one a while! :)

Congrats!