• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 62" Osiris

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Its arrived and I've just stated the build :)

Does anyone know the best settings for an IceLite 100, with the slick I had to alter the LVC and other settings, also I've read that something needs to be done with the brake settings.

depends on what motor you are using and what you want to do. i never used a brake, but every motor has different timing settings

mazjag

50cc
You can program some brake in, like 20% to slow your downline speed down.. Thats what they said in the higher plane dvd...I`m not good enough to notice much difference. The medium timing seems to work fine for my hacker, but you didn`t say what motor you were running..

St3v3

30cc
I'm going to use a A50-16s and will be running it on 5000 mAh 6 cell batteries, I was going to have a go at pattern flying, at my level though I may not notice the difference with the brake on down lines, I just thought it would be handy to programme it in when I'm setting up, I know when I've first used the IceLite's in the past on my Slick & Extra I had to alter the LVC and a few other settings to stop the esc cutting power during a flight, as mentioned above, it would also be handy to kick off with the best timing setting.

mazjag

50cc
Just set up a soft LVC then..check out the thread on the forum about battery tray failure..Its in the 3dhs section..I don`t want anybody else to end up like me..no big deal..#2 gonna be here tomorrow...default setting should be fine unless it starts backwards or makes noise as far as motor setting

Last edited by a moderator:

St3v3

30cc
Thanks for the pointer mazjag, I've just had a read of that thread, nasty

I usually go for velcro on the battery tray and a thinner strip of velcro along the battery length, together with 2 velcro straps, I'm pretty paranoid about that sort of thing.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
No.

What size of prop and power system are you running? Is it outside of the recommended equipment?

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Maybe you're just pickier than I am. I rarely fly mine in less than hurricane force winds, so maybe I just don't notice.

mazjag

50cc
Yeah, that is the hard part..I haven`t flown enough pattern planes to know how well it should track..It just seems like the upline should be pretty dead on..I`m gonna just add washers and give it some more right thrust..If I don`t like it I can always take it out..