• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

SnowDog

Mine is flying fine with the DLE-55RA...we weighed it at the field, ready to fly, with full tank, approx 18 pounds.
Sure flies "light".
Someday I might upgrade from the DLE-55RA to a GP-61..not any time soon though.
It flies just great as it is.
:D

I'm painting an old yellow cowl to fit my old red 89 in. slick. I need to ask if anyone knows the RUST- OLEUM painters touch yellow and blue colors that match the old red slick cowling trims.
I had been thinking on using ultracoat trims to do it and then apply a clear coat.

Thank you.

Attachments

• old red slick cowling.jpg
    old red slick cowling.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
  • AJ slick 540 A B.jpg
    AJ slick 540 A B.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm painting an old yellow cowl to fit my old red 89 in. slick. I need to ask if anyone knows the RUST- OLEUM painters touch yellow and blue colors that match the old red slick cowling trims.
I had been thinking on using ultracoat trims to do it and then apply a clear coat.

Thank you.

Is that the plane you crashed earlier this year?

No, I got this one from Matt, it needed the engine box, landing gear and cowl. I did the wood work the same day and had been waiting for 3DHS to have the old red cowls in stock, so far, I have not heard from them and that is the reason I'm painting this one.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No, I got this one from Matt, it needed the engine box, landing gear and cowl. I did the wood work the same day and had been waiting for 3DHS to have the old red cowls in stock, so far, I have not heard from them and that is the reason I'm painting this one.

Good plan, when things go out of stock, they usually stay that way for a while :(