• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Sorry for the lack of activity guys. Been crazy busy with my science fair project (the effect of airfoil camber on lift and drag), so I haven't been on here at all lately. Ill be checking in every week or so.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Sorry for the lack of activity guys. Been crazy busy with my science fair project (the effect of airfoil camber on lift and drag), so I haven't been on here at all lately. Ill be checking in every week or so.

Would love to read about your project in a blog!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Wish I had some pictures for you but "absolutely no cameras" was the policy. Yesterday our work was invited to Lockheed for a 3-hour tour of the F-35 assembly line and it was simply amazing. The building is 1-mile and 25-feet long. We entered at the middle and entering at the half way point which split the assembly line (Lef and right) you could turn and look each way and it was a site to see. For a supersonic plane I was surprised to see that much under camber on the lower wing surface. Speaking of wings each wing skin was one piece and they had a CNC drilling fixture to put in the 4,000 holes in each skin.
One thing interesting is the combat flight simulator for it. Like real flight they can go up against another unit across the globe in combat flight against each other all with AWAC's support. When I flew I got to fly a KC-135, FB-111 and Mike Model Huey and these new ones are like nothing this old man has experienced. I am sure Gary has enjoyed this too.
I don't need anything more to make me proud of the country, but I did walk out a little taller.