• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
P1330138.jpgP1330206.jpgP1330312.jpg

When I read about this plane and found he had fixed a tail rotor to this plane and I couldn't even conceive of what that meant. For all I knew the rotor itself was placed in the middle of the stab in place of the rudder. I've thought about what it might be like to install a 450 size main rotor head in place of the prop, with tailerons on a gyro maybe, I don't know.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Arron was doing some pretty cool tricks. One was knife edge to center field, then he would do a pinwheel spin or two and then exit in knife edge. It looked really cool.

His planned landing for the K50 was to do a flat spin over the runway and just before hitting the ground he would instantly stop the rotation and harrier land. He didn't get to do this though because when he went over the pits he just aborted his routine and immediately landed.

If he can keep this plane together for a little while I think he will come up with some other amazing tricks that can't be done without his tail rotor. I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

The sound was cool during flight as well