• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

40% switch / battery combinations

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I use a spektrum AR12120 power safe RX, comes with a switch but I replaced with a booma pin. You will want some type of power safe setup so that the battery voltage does not actually travel through the switch. I'm running dual 5000mah LiPo's in the same plane (with stock scheme).
For 35% planes I use an AR9110 power safe RX with 3600 LiPo's

Ditto. I use either ar12120 or ar9110 but with included soft switch...I hate digging around for the little pin as they seem to grow legs and switch pockets on me or jump out of my pockets while I fly. However I have had the soft switches fail a time or two, usually one of the wires in the back vibrates loose over time causing the rx to stay on.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I love the Booma hidden switch. If you order directly from Booma you can have it made with big wires.

Now I'm using a Jeti CB200 that uses a magnetic safety switch.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Booma switch using them for a while they are great and bulletproof. See the attached picture is one of a few I have ordered from them with heavy wiring and heavy duty plugs. It comes with pin switch and a led. All i do is mount the pin switch and done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 480
looking for people's switch / battery combinations that they are using in there 35-40% size aircraft. There are lots of different switch manufacture's , battery type's and battery capacities. I like a very clean looking airframe but with that said I will a have spring loaded latching mechanism on my hatch so I'll have easy access to the switch but am considering a pin style with a flag as well. Will have 2 LIPO packs but still not sure of what size. I've never ran this size of airframe before. Looking for Idea's.

Thanks
View attachment 52526
Love the theme of your bird.:fist_pump:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I love the Booma hidden switch. If you order directly from Booma you can have it made with big wires.

Moose how's the shipping when you order direct? Also what gauge are you sizing up to?

-Rick-

100cc

I did the same with Booma, had larger gauge wires put on.

In the past I have used JR and Spektrum Powersafe receivers. Just a single small switch on the side. I have tried both pin and JR loop connector switchs and hated them. I don't like to have to fetch the plug in my pocket when it is time to turn off the plane. I rather just flip a switch. Now I am flying Futaba and currently using some smartfly stuff and use the Powersafe switch on those also. My look back at Fromeco for my next build. Haven't figured that part out yet.