• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

Bipenut53

150cc
I understand, no problem, I do run with the timer on my DX8 but that is an average and if I fly hard then the flight time shortens. I normally only fly my Lipos correctly. I have been flying RC for close to 30 years and only been flying electrics for the last couple of years. I listen to peoples advice as I am learning all the time from lots of different people. So no offence taken lol

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've found it's easier to learn from others mistakes because it's cheaper that way LOL!! :banana:

I myself tend to fly down to about 3.8v/cell, seems to make the packs last a lot longer, plus if I wind up putting the battery away for the week, it's already at a storage voltage.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
@Doc Austin
Dude that video is what sealed the deal for me. After watching that vid is when I purchased mine. As a matter of fact after flying this little 48 is why I keep thinking about getting it's big brother the 78". I started this thread trying to decide which plane to get and I keep going back to the EF planes. Somehow I always wind up looking at the 78 though. Thing is I want to try other airframes, but don't want to be disappointed after getting it and I know I wont be if I go with the EF. Oh the drama. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
I've found it's easier to learn from others mistakes because it's cheaper that way LOL!! :banana:

I myself tend to fly down to about 3.8v/cell, seems to make the packs last a lot longer, plus if I wind up putting the battery away for the week, it's already at a storage voltage.

Yeah after flying my EF 60" with the 6s 5000mha battery for 7 minuets of flying on the timer and moderate flying, it comes down at 3.9 volts a cell on average. In the ballpark anyway.... Come to think of it I probably grabbed a not fully charged battery when it went to low volt on the esc.....

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Why are you flying a 60" EF plane on a 5000 mAh 6s lipo? That's certainly a lot heavier than it was designed for.

Of course it can take the weight. If all your doing is sport flying then it is probably awesome. But if your trying to do anything like 3D your working too hard.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
@Doc Austin
Dude that video is what sealed the deal for me. After watching that vid is when I purchased mine. As a matter of fact after flying this little 48 is why I keep thinking about getting it's big brother the 78". I started this thread trying to decide which plane to get and I keep going back to the EF planes. Somehow I always wind up looking at the 78 though. Thing is I want to try other airframes, but don't want to be disappointed after getting it and I know I wont be if I go with the EF. Oh the drama. :banghead:

With all the EF planes to chose from, why would you want to go elsewhere? I mean, there are so many awesome EF planes available and they are all packed with PROVEN awesomeness!

Bipenut53

150cc
Why are you flying a 60" EF plane on a 5000 mAh 6s lipo? That's certainly a lot heavier than it was designed for.

Of course it can take the weight. If all your doing is sport flying then it is probably awesome. But if your trying to do anything like 3D your working too hard.

Because that's what I have

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
With all the EF planes to chose from, why would you want to go elsewhere? I mean, there are so many awesome EF planes available and they are all packed with PROVEN awesomeness!

Valid point...Answer is because EF is not the be all end all in this hobby. I do love mine, but there are other vendors out there with awesomeness I want to support them as well. Competition is what keeps things getting better. You already know this. The reason I keep going back to EF for my next plane is because I know what Im getting. I don't make enough money that allows me to take too many chances. Then again if I don't I'll never know for myself will I. Im still considering that Redwing Slick Pro, although it is on the bottom of the list and almost out. Still gathering info and opinions. Someday I want a biplane and as my skills grow I will have one. EF doesn't even have one of those. 3DHS does have one, but it's way to small, I want a 50CC size. Anyway Im going on a tangent now. [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] I run my 65" Vyper on 6S 5000 mAh and yes I do more sport flying then 3D but that sucker sure does book it man and you can still toss it around pretty dang good. Very precise on low rates and that thing will hold a knife edge for ever, pretty much lands itself too even with the extra weight.