• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

55" EPP/Plywood/Carbon fiber Hybrid Yak 54 coming from Skywing

That scheme looks like an attempt to marry several of another mfg schemes into one
By a person that doesn't have an artistic eye. Pretty scarey

I don't know....I really like the color scheme...to me the focal point is all the solid orange up around the nose. I'm sure it'll probably be available in 5 other schemes before it's released, like the Slicks and the Edges were.....3 Skywing schemes & 3 Wattaplane schemes...should be something for everyone.

It looked like it had very similar flight characteristics as the edge and slick from what I remember of the original flight videos with the same pilot. It looked like it slowed down really good and hovered nice as well...and of course it rolls like a Yak should:D

wedoitall

yea the rolls are what im interested in atm. i need to get my aj yak back up and running too. need a motor and a servo and thats it. found out also you can order from the canada wattaplane site. i think you just have to email them first to see about shipping.

I like the scheme personally. I am really big into aggressive looking schemes. I think it is only fitting for sure aerobatic planes. Is there an expected release date yet or an idea of a price point? I am thinking about one of these over the slick. I have not owned a Yak yet and I think this one would be a great start.

wedoitall

i think an ETA is around mid April , but i havent heard of a price yet...... i like the scheme also. think its kinda fitting for a foam/hybrid of that size.