• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57" MX-2 from General Hobby

SnowDog

good report! glad you were able to get some decent weather. would love to see a few pics...I have to admit I'm surprised that something from General Hobby has anything positive said about it.

joeycoates

New to GSN!
I *think* the airplane may be a GoldWing design, or at least it might be coming out of the back door of the GoldWing factory. RCjetsworld.com sells the exact same airframe and unless I am mistaken they are mainly a GW dealer. I guess that so long as the thing is built straight and light then it should be ok if the basic design is up to par. So far I would say that this one certainly is. I did go over just about every joint that I could get to with thin CA, but I do that with any ARF no matter who built it.

Really if you think about it a lot of these airplane SHOULD be fairly well built if the design is good. Just think about it, how often do we build airplanes any more? The people over sea's who are putting these things together do it all day every day. Now, who knows how much pride (if any) they put into it like we would, for them it is just a job, and probably a low paying one at that, but this is what they do. I certainly know that even though I have built many, many airplanes over the past 30+ years that I still cannot cover like they do. I just do not do it often enough, and they do it every day. Some of the covering they use is not very good, but they can cover! On this airplane it is a lower temp covering so if you are tightening things up do not start off with a high heat. I also do not know yet how well it will hold up or if it will delaminate, it is just too early to know. from my own personal experiences this is one of the area's where you get more when you buy a higher priced ARF, the covering is the real stuff, either Monokote or Ultacote. I have had several cheaper ARF's where the clear separates from the color backing, and this is a PIA. Of course that is highly dependant on how long the thing lasts until I get too low and dumb thumb it or get behind the power curve and impact!

eseerk

New to GSN!
Hey Joey, how do you think this plane will fly with an OS55ax on it? I am not a hard 3d'r yet (just mostly the basics). I would like it to have the capability to do the more advances moves however. Congrats on the build!

joeycoates

New to GSN!
Yes, I think a 55ax would fly it very well. I am about to put a ggt10 on mine and I would have to think the 55ax has as much if not more then that.

eseerk

New to GSN!
Cool! Thanks for the response! I look forward to hearing how the new OS gasser performs. I was looking at that as well.