• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

sethmattox

New to GSN!
I've installed a DLE 35 on mine. Maiden yesterday and was great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415566381.862418.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415566394.543944.jpg

sethmattox

New to GSN!
Not to thrilled with a recent purchase from 3DHS. Ordered a replacement cowl and wheel pants and the cowl shows up and the lower corner gusset was broken and they did a patch on it. At least they could have given me a heads up via email to see if that would be acceptable. Buy new = expect new, not repaired new. Sorry but it's time to find better customer service. This is the second issue I have had and they won't get a third chance.

ka9fax

30cc
Not to thrilled with a recent purchase from 3DHS. Ordered a replacement cowl and wheel pants and the cowl shows up and the lower corner gusset was broken and they did a patch on it. At least they could have given me a heads up via email to see if that would be acceptable. Buy new = expect new, not repaired new. Sorry but it's time to find better customer service. This is the second issue I have had and they won't get a third chance.
Im sorry to hear about your problem. I have also had customer service problems. after the 1st email and calling on the phone every day for a week and always getting the A/M, a person can only tolerate so much then its time to move on.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Anybody use replacement control horns other than the OEM, they are out of stock (anybody know who else might have them?), cannot seem to find a replica with the square base. I'll probably get a couple from redwingRC/aerobeez or maybe try that 6star place (they dont list prices, but have the square base....?). I am in the process of installing a new elevator/horizontal stab and adding an additional servo for the tail to help with vibration and add a little weight in the tail. the new tail feathers didn't come with control horns :oblong:.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well finally took a knife to the horizontal. There is a lot of balsa pieces now!
Thinking about making control horns out of phenolic board, seems to be stiff enough and a little thicker than the G10.
image.jpeg