• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

I had to flip the mufflers around from the Yak to the Extra. I was considering getting a Hangar 9 inverza for this motor at some point and if I got all the measurements right the engine would just bolt straight to the firewall with no standoffs which requires the mufflers to go a certain way. IF we get these little Baja car mufflers work we might have to fiddle with them some more to that getup to fit into the can tunnel.

Is that sign for Hell Michigan? I was born just outside of there (literally).

I found the pic on the internet years ago and not sure if it is Hell Michigan. If it was I would get rid of it because I born and raised in Ohio 40 miles east of Columbus and a huge Ohio State fan...LOL!

Throttle servo install went ok and it looks ok with my dx6i. Nice and smooth on the throw

. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. I got my JTEC servo boxes the other day but I think I'm going to put the servo in the motor box like you did. That was another option I was thinking about. Did you change the angle on the throttle arm at all?

Thanks and the servo lines up perfect with the throttle arm in stock position. With 16 oz tank its really close to the servo. It can only go in that spot in the motor box. I tried using a servo box but the lincage would bind in any other location so i had to put it in the motor box

With everything laid out in the plane except for a spinner and fuel the cg seems tail heavy with the rudder servo in the tail. It is pretty close to the recommended location with servo in pull pull location. Does this seem rite?image.jpg

So here is my throttle install/setup. Had to cut out the bottom of the Edge to get access to the screws to bolt in the throttle servo. Made a cover plate out of 1/8 ply that I'll put in place once I paint it. Happy with the results. Just need finish the install of the ignition module, re-install the fuel tank and plum the fuel line to the carb and hopefully try to fire it up next week.

The spinner adds a bit of weight. Where are your batteries?

They are rite up against the back side of the the wing tube. I mite have made a huge mistake,on the way home from wram I was fet up waiting and looking for the stuff to Finnish the plane by the way it was nice meeting u guys and thanks for the help,wish I had met Gary but the kid was getting restless . On the way home I stopped at a hobby shop and he talked me into more redundancy so I purchased a switch ,opto kill and 1 2550 lipo and a 3000 lipo I hope these batteries are not to big but seems ok.

image.jpg

So here is my setup. Had to cut out the bottom of the Edge to have access to the throttle servo. Made a plate that I will paint tomorrow but this plan is my practice palne so whatever I can do to get the 40 to run in this plane is my goal and to get warmed up for my CARF 2.3m Egde with the DA70 which I'm still waiting on.

Looks good rcfeen