• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I only have about 150 flights on mine with a DA-60/RE2 with the Mej 24-10 and 24-10TH. The 24-10 is slightly quieter than the 24-10TH. It is a great plane, and has supplanted my 104 AJS as the "go to" plane all year. It has been a super combination, and has been very, very reliable all year.

I'll vouch for GH. I've been with him for quite a few of those flights. I think I'm giving him a run for reliability with his old 78 EXtra w DLE 35. Only about 50-60 flights so far but all I hoped for in a gasser. That 91 with DA 60 is a sweet setup.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Well I like everything so far, except the cheap Chinese wood smell when I get near or get close to the interior with the canopy off. Hope it fades away!
Can't do a lot to her yet, waiting on DA-60, header, and RE2 pipe, Futaba R7008SB hv receivers, and Futaba BLS177SV's

001.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Everything ordered and on its way. 2 - Futaba R7008SB receivers, DA-60, header and RE2 pipe, 5 - BLS172SV servos, 24-9 and 24-10 Falcon props, Fromeco Wolverine Switch, 2 - 2100 7.4 lipos, 4 - SWB 2" half servo arms, 1 - 4" SWB full servo arm, Secraft Fuel Dot V2 - Red, Secraft Easy Couplers - Blue, Secraft Wire Tensioners - Blue, and a 32oz Fourtitude fuel tank. Still needing to order a spinner!

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I would suggest a Tru-Turn spinner and a Vess balance ring. You will need the nose weight anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Well I like everything so far, except the cheap Chinese wood smell when I get near or get close to the interior with the canopy off. Hope it fades away!
Can't do a lot to her yet, waiting on DA-60, header, and RE2 pipe, Futaba R7008SB hv receivers, and Futaba BLS177SV's

View attachment 18224
Good time to go over every glue joint with thin CA and fuel proof all the 'cheap Chinese wood". I used clear Krylon, but there are many ways to skin that cat.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
What Tru Turn 4" spinner for a Falcon prop.
I tried that prop and it fit with the Mej 24-10 cutout. It is best to ask Tru-Turn. Also, I put 2-3 socket head servo screws in the firewall on each side of the motor box. I drilled it first and put the screws in with Gorilla glue. Also in this pic, you can see the hardwood blocks added to the cowl mount hooks to spread the load. This has been very durable.

Last edited by a moderator: