• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally got to installing the new ignition this morning. With the elogger hooked up to the lap top and running on live mode I hit the heads with some hot air and the temps went up, pulled the trigger on the drill and waa laa I have rpm movement. So this rainy weather has gave me the time to improve the power supply, install the elogger, and switch out the ignition. Looking forward to tomorrows trip to the field.
As for all that technical jargon, if I can't see it or measure it I can't do anyhing about it. Or can I? Of course I can. I can ensure there is ample power supply, I can ensure the battery is in excellent health, I can ensure all connections are tight and corrosion free, I can keep track of flight time's and power used, and I can take the proper course of action if any of these items appear to be giving way in the slightest. The elogger may not be able to give me the spikes but it can give me the overall picture and as long as that picture remains the same from flight to flight along with the aforementioned I think I'll be alright.
In stead of looking at the amps and amp spikes look. at your voltage. If like you said you have good set of batteries in the plane and sized properly then no matter what you do flying your voltage should not drop below the threshold. We have to admit that the only thing that will put us in to trouble is when the voltage drops low enough so that the receiver stops and then tries to reboot.
I agree with you on all your points @49dimes but What I was trying to explain is that everybody is stating that the connectors are rated at 5 amps and the only thing that will make them fail is a certain amount of power over a period time Short amp spikes of milli seconds will not destroy the connector and put us in the ground

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The elogger captures or records the amperage in the Rx. It can do mah used but the battery has to run directly through it, that part I can measure when recharging. On my big Pitts I originally used 2 cell Li-Ion with single leads to the Rx and the tele was showing large voltage drops. These drops where happening mostly when I flipped the switch to the Sullivan smoke pump. I guess it pulled more than stated or it was the last hair being as everything ran through the Rx. I switched to a four cell with dual leads and the voltage stays nice and level. But this made me change the way I connect things up, such as the smoke pump, elogger, lighting, etc. etc. Now I prefer to power outside the Rx via a separate battery lead. If the item does not have a Rx connection like the elogger I use a Pico switch.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Having multiple leads from the battery makes thing more versatile. For example take the Tech-Aero, it is perfectly suited to go through the Rx. But with an extra battery connector I can pull the power from the Rx plug and run it directly off the battery, being there is a common ground the signal still works off the Rx. Just another fine example of how to utilize these higher powered batteries without going through, and affecting, the Rx.