• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

I did not like the visibility from what I saw on videos of that scheme. I got to see them in person at Toledo and Nall and I went with the competition purely for orientation. You will never question where the model is with all that jazz.

56" Laser
I thought you could see the Competition scheme better as well so that is what I went for. Just started putting things together this weekend but was interupted a lot.

I was thinking of putting the wheel pants as well but the grass field thing has me concerned. I just flew my 51" Sukhoi yesterday on a soggy field (rained like hell the past few days in Chicago) and at one point I could not taxi the plane back to me after a flight. The plane sank down to the axle and I am using 2-1/2" wheels (no pants). I figure the wheel pants on the 56" Laser could cause the plane to tip over at speed in some situations and cause damage.

Attachments

• laser.JPG
    laser.JPG
    619.8 KB · Views: 239

SnowDog

56" Laser
I thought you could see the Competition scheme better as well so that is what I went for. Just started putting things together this weekend but was interupted a lot.

I was thinking of putting the wheel pants as well but the grass field thing has me concerned. I just flew my 51" Sukhoi yesterday on a soggy field (rained like hell the past few days in Chicago) and at one point I could not taxi the plane back to me after a flight. The plane sank down to the axle and I am using 2-1/2" wheels (no pants). I figure the wheel pants on the 56" Laser could cause the plane to tip over at speed in some situations and cause damage.

I'm also located in the Chicago area (NW suburbs)....where are you located?

Every plane that I fly with wheel pants ends up shedding them eventually due to the fact that I fly on a grass field...even though it is well maintained, it is still grass and it creates much more strain on the wheel pants.

I was just looking at my fleet, and my 30cc stuff is mostly pant less. For some reason the 60 laser wheel pants are working wonderful, but that is about it. My 89 slick has gone through a few sets and I got tired of replacing them. I never put them on my biggest plane, my 110 yak. The things EF supplies with it are just plain aweful. Now my Pilot Yak had real nice spats. Since weight is going to be a concern I will leave them off initially.

I got a couple of Savox 2231s for the Yak and I might use the pair of those metal arms they come with for this plane's ailerons. Then I won't have to dink with the ball links. Funny having Savox arms on Hitec servos (new futaba spline). Just depends on the hassle factor.

I was just looking at my fleet, and my 30cc stuff is mostly pant less. For some reason the 60 laser wheel pants are working wonderful, but that is about it. My 89 slick has gone through a few sets and I got tired of replacing them. I never put them on my biggest plane, my 110 yak. The things EF supplies with it are just plain aweful. Now my Pilot Yak had real nice spats. Since weight is going to be a concern I will leave them off initially.

I got a couple of Savox 2231s for the Yak and I might use the pair of those metal arms they come with for this plane's ailerons. Then I won't have to dink with the ball links. Funny having Savox arms on Hitec servos (new futaba spline). Just depends on the hassle factor.

The pilot yak spatz are still in working order. In fact they out lasted the landing gear. The pilot wheel pants also seem to be a lot better then the EF ones.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
What a wonderful aircraft, will have to contact AJ and see if they can ship internationally and what it would cost, either that or i might see if I can get more interested and I'll bring in a LCL shipment through my company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also located in the Chicago area (NW suburbs)....where are you located?

Every plane that I fly with wheel pants ends up shedding them eventually due to the fact that I fly on a grass field...even though it is well maintained, it is still grass and it creates much more strain on the wheel pants.

I live by La Grange (western suburb).

I am pretty much convincing myself that the wheel pants are not going to be worth the hassle.

I did the kit weights for those interested in grams.

Fuse with canopy 1132
Left Wing 351
Right wing 363
Wing tube 85
Landing gear 98
Stab and elevator 157
Rudder 51
Cowl 148
Pants 71
Cuffs 17
Ebox 53
Landing gear plate 8
Wheels 27
Tail wheel assembly 23
Electric hardware in bags 116
Gas hardware 33
SFGs 42

Which means without pants and cuffs the bare electric airframe is 5.85 pounds.

Checkerboard Field across from Loyola Hospital in Maywood (1st Ave about 2 miles south of 290 expressway).

Nice grass field. Our club just did a Carrier Landing competition this evening.