• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Another 3DHS 42" AJ Slick Build Log and Review

Nice job. I'm putting one of these together now and without thinking I opened up both tail servo areas. Before I patch the rear rudder servo hole closed I'm wondering if I can achieve the right cg with a rear mounted hs65mg servo? Ill be using 1500 and 1800 batteries with s motrolfly 2810 (slightly lighter than an omega 103) up front.

Mike

Nice job. I'm putting one of these together now and without thinking I opened up both tail servo areas. Before I patch the rear rudder servo hole closed I'm wondering if I can achieve the right cg with a rear mounted hs65mg servo? Ill be using 1500 and 1800 batteries with s motrolfly 2810 (slightly lighter than an omega 103) up front.

Mike

I think it would depend on how heavy your Lipos are. I am using Sky Lipo 1600's and they are an inch and a half forward of the wing tube. I was actually thinking about switching my servo to the rear since I am not getting the kind of throw out of my pull pull setup that I want. I could go with a larger servo arm too though to get more throw.

I say give it a shot. Worst case you would have to put some ballast in the nose to compensate for the servo being in the tail or run heavier batteries. I guess it also depends on how floaty you want your plane to be too. Less weight would make it more floaty. I like mine in the middle (not to heady not too floaty) since I enjoy the high energy moves like KE spins and tumbles. It is your call but I would do it base on how you like to fly. You could always get some covering or tape and cover up the hole too. I hope this helps and does not confuse you more.

--Matt

Curious as to your thoughts on it versus the 41" Edge once you have flown it a few times. I love my 41" Edge and have a buck huck in the box for when it finally dies.

I am planning on writing up my review on it soon. I think I have enough flights to give it a fair review. Personally I really like the Slick better. It has tons more throw, an insane roll rate, and tumbles like a mad man!!! The edge harrier's better and is for sure easier to start out learning with but the slick IMHO is just more fun and chaotic. It can be tamed down as well though to fly more precise. It also feels like it flies bigger. To me it feels more like my 48" planes then my 41" edge. I prefer the slick but my skill level is also a whole lot higher now because of my beloved Buck Huck AKA 41" Edge. I hope this answers your question.

--Matt