• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

thepamster

70cc twin V2
I may have been confused about that. It wouldn't be the first time. Lol.

If the bottom wing has any dihedral making it a 3 piece may be tricky. I can't remember if the bottom wing is flat or not. Dammitt.

Tseres

150cc
attachment.php
I' may be jumping the gun here. Look by the W7 Ribs. There is a line drawn through the spar. on the right side there is a jount line in the sheeting at W7. This may be a 3 piece wing.

16154=10888-DSC_0002.jpg
16154=10888-DSC_0002.jpg

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Well now you've done it Tom. The plans are out of the box now. Looking at that is making my head hurt. I don't think it is a 3 piece wing.

Do-rag

100cc
wecoyote;16152 wrote: I have a Fly Baby that have the landing gear mounted the same way. I unscrew the straps that attach the gear to the wing, hinge the gear forward to remove the wing then tie the gear back up with a piece of string for transport. I'll try to get a picture or two of it to explain better.

You could do as he is talking about the only difference is I would build a dummy center section to secure the landing gear to for transport.

Tseres

150cc
The Dummy Section is a good idea. I however don't want to unscrew the landing gear every time I go flying. I think I can modify the spar braces to be a slip on held in place with a screw. Maybe a hatch in the top like an ARF. then we can mount the wing with nylon bolts. I think there is a dihedral in the lower wing so adding a wing tube may not work

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Yep my Stearman I am sort of working on has two piece wings and the bottom wing with dihedral has the wing tube socket angled inside which will be tricky enough even though I have the plans. Redesigning yours with a wing tube would be a pain.

In many of the biplanes I have built in the past where the plane needs to be upside down anyway to attach the bottom wing I usually just built a cradle for it and thats how it was transported as well.

Is it winter now? Lol.

Bemeson

50cc
Tom

The anticipation is killing me.....its snowing in the Colorado mountains this weekend.....is that good enough for you to start.

Look Tom....I not a glow pilot anymore....hahahah

Brian

Tseres

150cc
Bemeson;16218 wrote: Tom

The anticipation is killing me.....its snowing in the Colorado mountains this weekend.....is that good enough for you to start.

Brian

No...:biggrin-new:

Tseres

150cc
Going to Europe for two weeks. Leaving next Tuesday. No sense in starting it yet. Sorry Guys.

I still have to order my glue. Probably wont do that till I get back. I usually get together with the local guys and get a large order from Handi Bond. Just have to find out who want what.