• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

Bipenut53

150cc
The only thought I have is that the left ail and rudder channels are mixed up...... One question......... Why dont you just plug in your sats to the cortex and run it that way, less wires involved........ Less chance of failure......

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Well I got it going sorta. The aileron and rudder are mixed up somehow. Elevator functioned properly nose up/down, side to side rudder does not move. Tilt the wings and the right ail and rudder move. So if you have ideas on why this is going on and how I fix it would be great... :) I disconnected the cortex and plugged in the control surface wires like I had them on the RX and it works properly. So Im not sure what the deal is. Having a hard time finding anything on the net about this issue too.

Without seeing how it was connected it's hard to diagnose the issue. From the sounds of it, it seems you had the connections backwards, but if that was the case your control surfaces would not be moving correctly, regardless of the Cortex.

When you teach it the throws, timing is very important. You must wait until the surfaces twitch twice and then go thru the stick movements, making sure to hold the surface deflected until it twitches before releasing and going to the next movement. If you are behind or ahead of the Cortex it will get the surfaces mixed up.

The most recent Cortex I installed I could not get the rudder to compensate, I tried everything. I finally called Esprit Model, they gave up quickly and gave me Danny's cell phone number, the US Rep. I called Danny and he patiently worked with me for about an hour. Turned out the firmware was corrupt, he walked me thru reinstalling the firmware and it's been working like a charm ever since.

Bipenut53

150cc
Without seeing how it was connected it's hard to diagnose the issue. From the sounds of it, it seems you had the connections backwards, but if that was the case your control surfaces would not be moving correctly, regardless of the Cortex.

When you teach it the throws, timing is very important. You must wait until the surfaces twitch twice and then go thru the stick movements, making sure to hold the surface deflected until it twitches before releasing and going to the next movement. If you are behind or ahead of the Cortex it will get the surfaces mixed up.

The most recent Cortex I installed I could not get the rudder to compensate, I tried everything. I finally called Esprit Model, they gave up quickly and gave me Danny's cell phone number, the US Rep. I called Danny and he patiently worked with me for about an hour. Turned out the firmware was corrupt, he walked me thru reinstalling the firmware and it's been working like a charm ever since.

Danny is the man.... he can walk you right through it!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Coolness... I will give it another shot and see what happens. I don't have the usb cable to do the sats or I would. Think I am going to have to just bite it and get one. Ridiculous price for a stinking usb cable man. SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Just blatant in your face rip...

Bipenut53

150cc
Coolness... I will give it another shot and see what happens. I don't have the usb cable to do the sats or I would. Think I am going to have to just bite it and get one. Ridiculous price for a stinking usb cable man. SERIOUSLY!!!!!! Just blatant in your face rip...

ok I see.... I didnt realize that....

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], you must have missed it one of the PM's, I have three USB cables, I can sell you one cheap.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
No I remember bud and I'll take you up on it. Even though I finally got it. Don't know how I could of missed the wire assignment 3 different times, but I did.
I found the two wires made the swap and all is working perfect. Well on the bench anyway, going to go fly it right now, let ya know how it goes after.

Many thanks for the input offered by all and helping me to continue my education. :thumbup:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Nice [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], now you can see it's not that difficult after you get over that initial hump of something so different. Hope you love the Cortex as much as I do.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well it works, just need to get it dialed in. You weren't kidding about the expo. Im going to have to turn it way down maybe even off. I got it up there about 150ft or so and flipped it on and she didn't want to respond until the sticks were about half way over or more. I said whoa thats not nice and flicked that thing off landed and made another adjustment and it was a little better. Only brought two packs so could only get the two little flights in. I'll get it nailed and Im sure it will be good to go. Thing is that Slick Pro fly's so awesome by itself I may take it off and put it on that Aero 64 MXSR. That things a bit squirly.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I find it turns the SlickPro into a precision monster. I'll use my Cortex that gets transferred from plane to plane for the AB 64 MXS-R, it will share duties with my 60 EF Yak. It's very easy to move between planes since the gain is in the transmitter. Just mount it with Dual-lock Velcro. As far as EXPO it depends on what you are used to flying with whether you turn it off or just cut it way down. I generally use about a 1/3rd the expo when the gyro is active, gives me a similar feel.