• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

While I am thinking about it, in attempting to remove the old rudder control horn assembly, the 10/32 threaded rod going through the rudder broke off on both sides. Apparently it was epoxied in. I had to drill out the old rod and 3/4" wooden dowl and set a new one in place. Now I am in search of a Control Horn Assembly for Rudder, 10/32 size. Anyone know the best place to locate one? The information I am getting is not real clear. Finding them for 50cc and 100cc. Nothing the size I feel should be in the rudder. Help???
Hangar 9 has what you are looking for. If not, 10-32 2" long set screws will fit your bill. I think I found them at Fastener Express.

yakken

100cc
uploadfromtaptalk1424624089455.png

I went thru my Dalton, and installed the 2" long set screws in place of the screws that were bent or had the heads buggered up on them. When you install them, figure out how deep you want them to go, and then make a small mark on the screw and use some 5 min epoxy to set them. Be sure to rethread the wood, too. :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I went thru my Dalton, and installed the 2" long set screws in place of the screws that were bent or had the heads buggered up on them. When you install them, figure out how deep you want them to go, and then make a small mark on the screw and use some 5 min epoxy to set them. Be sure to rethread the wood, too. :)
I was actually thinking about that too Chris. I just did some measuring. I was incorrect on the size of the threaded rod. It is actually 4mm which is slightly larger as you know, than the 10-32. I don't think 10-32 really is sufficient for something this size is it? I think I am going to D&B to pick up some 4mm all thread or full threaded bolts and do as you suggested. I can cut the hex head off with a dremel, and epoxy the all thread into the dowel. I prefer the larger for the rudder especially. I could just order a set of 4mm on line, but a $2.00 bill will get me exactly what I need...today. Thoughts?

Last edited:
10-32 is the same as 5mm, it is VERY close. 4mm, I wouldnt trust on a 100cc. But there probably has been people out there that has done it and been successful.

Id trust 10-32 on a 50 center. Your type of flying, no brainer. :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
10-32 is the same as 5mm, it is VERY close. 4mm, I wouldnt trust on a 100cc. But there probably has been people out there that has done it and been successful.

Id trust 10-32 on a 50 center. Your type of flying, no brainer. :)
That's what I used. Instead of the "All Thread" rod, (which is very weak) I used hardened steel threaded rod. Oh, so what's the difference? I found the difference. Zero flex with the hardened steel. Threaded the wooden dowel and since all the rest of the hardware is blue, I slapped a coat of paint on the aluminum standoffs and "cinched" it all down. For a total cost of a buck and a quarter, I was in business.

Thank you Tyler. I appreciate it greatly.

.20150222_182241.jpg 20150222_182316.jpg

Time to start bolting on hardware. Man I like that White Rose set up

20150222_183303.jpg

Spidernad

New to GSN!
Hey Rob.

Here is a quick pic of the inside of the gear area.
I emailed you the measurements for the gear placement.

Your re-cover job is looking great.

I still have mine, it's on the FG classifieds at the moment. Below is the link for the listing.
http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112389

DSCF2287.JPG

Last edited: