• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Big Ailerons

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I use a lite coat of automotive primer and then automotive white paint, all with a small touch up gun. Some guys use Rustoleum which works just fine but I don't think lasts as long.

Do you use a single stage paint? Thinking of painting mine as well, but not sure I want to mess with clear over the wood may look shady. Thanks

Spats

100cc
Do you use a single stage paint? Thinking of painting mine as well, but not sure I want to mess with clear over the wood may look shady. Thanks

I use single stage on wood. Not sure if its better or not but it's fast an easy. Plus if some of the grain shows threw I think it will stand out more with clear (I think). It sure does make for easy clean up when the plane is six months old!

Spats

100cc
I have another one of these Big Aileron Extra 300

I have way to many projects for the winter and not enough room. I love flying this plane and don't see a need for another one sitting in the corner so I am going to part with it. It is still in the box only removed to inspect it. I am going to put it in the classifieds soon but if anyone is interested in it the price is $1400 Regular cost is $1700 plus $450 shipping from China so this is a great deal and I do not expect it to last long. PM me for questions.

Thanks, Spats

emtp275

100cc
@emtp275 would rattle can work for your Slick project?
I guess It would but with it being the cowl I rather let warren help me with the cup gun and do it right. I just painted wood with a clear in a rattle can and some gain is noticeable even though I put down Resin first and sanded it but it still looks good

Tavis

50cc
Sweet!! One thing I did on both mine is to cut a hole in the bottom of the engine box right under the carb. Since they like to be a bit wet to start I noticed I get a drop or two on first start of the day. Has been working awesome with an oval shaped hole. I'm guessing the 180 will keep most of that fuel inside so it probably won't drip as much.

I was going to message Tavis but have not yet, but what's your target prop on this beast for low and slow fun on the deck?
Hey Terry, yeah I cut a hole in the floor so it dripps out the cowel.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Tried all this paint over wood with various paints and nun were any good. The only wat that i have been able to paint on wood exclouding a fiberglas finish is to use tissue paper. It is the lightest way to do it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have another one of these Big Aileron Extra 300

I have way to many projects for the winter and not enough room. I love flying this plane and don't see a need for another one sitting in the corner so I am going to part with it. It is still in the box only removed to inspect it. I am going to put it in the classifieds soon but if anyone is interested in it the price is $1400 Regular cost is $1700 plus $450 shipping from China so this is a great deal and I do not expect it to last long. PM me for questions.

Thanks, Spats
Dang...how's I miss this. Still have it?