• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BME-102 or 3W-100??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi guys,

Earlier this year I bought a used Cap 232 with a 3W-100 and because the airplane is in such terrible condition I've been working on replacing the firewall and landing gear block along with all of the reinforcements in the surrounding area. Since the firewall is out and is going to be replaced, it's possible for me to replace the 3W with the BME that I've had sitting around for a while now but which would you choose and why? I really hadn't thought about this before today so I figured I'd throw it out there and see what you guys have to say.

Thanks!
Bart

Is this for the H9 33%? I would lean towards the lighter one. Don't know the weight difference between the two, but don't know if the power difference will be that big a deal on that plane. Weight on the other hand....

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Most likely, different mounting patterns..... You have a pretty good weight difference and power difference too.

My vote is the Dub.

i'm replacing the firewall so the mounting pattern will be drilled fresh. if i wasn't replacing the firewall i'd just put the 3W back on there.

Is this for the H9 33%? I would lean towards the lighter one. Don't know the weight difference between the two, but don't know if the power difference will be that big a deal on that plane. Weight on the other hand....
it's for the Carden 35% Cap that is being rebuilt. the H9 Cap has a Zenoah GT 80 on it and I"m going to see how it flies before I think about changing it. it'll probably get whatever doesn't go on the Carden. :)

it's probably all good either way, just figured I'd throw it out there to se if anyone felt strongly about it one way or the other.

thanks!

Robotech

70cc twin V2
i'm replacing the firewall so the mounting pattern will be drilled fresh. if i wasn't replacing the firewall i'd just put the 3W back on there.

it's for the Carden 35% Cap that is being rebuilt. the H9 Cap has a Zenoah GT 80 on it and I"m going to see how it flies before I think about changing it. it'll probably get whatever doesn't go on the Carden. :)

it's probably all good either way, just figured I'd throw it out there to se if anyone felt strongly about it one way or the other.

thanks!
Put the 3W on the Carden. The extra grunt will be needed and the BME will be perfect on the H9 33% because of the light weight. I flew a BME102 on two of my 33% H9s (Sukhoi and Edge 540) and it was perfect.

I had a BME102 on a 35% Carden Cap. Very good flyer (the plane, not me) but it did not have enough power for IMAC Advanced up-lines. Of course YMMV.

I had a 35% Carden Edge with a 100cc TOC 3W on it. After about 10gals the 3W came to life and had plenty of power to do anything that I was able to do with the plane!!