• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
One thing that I noticed that is small but nice is the mounting bushings are thinner than most and allow for adequate vibration isolation but flex much less side to side. This is very important when the servos are perpendicular to the control horn like on Ailerons, very nice!! Also I was a little concerned about the taller servos fitting in the stabs easily. As I was bracing for a little fight they simply fell in.......LOL, I'll work with that!!

image005.jpg

image003.jpg

I've heard some great things about the MKS servos. The 777 seems to be the go to servo right now, but did you consider the HBL380?

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Well as many of you that know me know that I don't jump around with brands hap haphazardly and without research and proof of form and function. I also don't fly circles a lot and I fly my planes pretty hard and love every second of it!! I discovered a flaw in my Viper setup and have chosen to address the issue with a new product, MKS servos.

I started this process a few weeks ago and pulled the trigger last week. Thanks very much to all the people I talked with about these and I appreciate all the honest feedback and data. Special thanks to @Islandflyer and Thomas from @MKSservosUSA for getting these to me. Time is tight this week so I started the process on the tail and need to make a few new push-rods for the elevators. I'll work on the ailerons and transmitter setup in the next couple of days for some test flights this weekend

SERVOS? I don't see no stinkin' servos! I can't take my eyes off of the VIPER!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've heard some great things about the MKS servos. The 777 seems to be the go to servo right now, but did you consider the HBL380?

I did, I talked with several people that use the HBL380 in competition and 777's in backup and practice planes. So I decided to shoot in with the 777's and possibly switch the Rudder to the 380 if I deem it needed. I fly pretty hard but I'm no XFC contender! I'll be doing a full build thread this Fall on the new PAU Extra 120cc and it will use full HBL380's:way_to_go:

BalsaDust

I have ordered quite a bit of hardware from McMaster Carr. Got tired of paying crazy prices for silicone fuel tubing from the LHS for my slabs since I still run Sooners on then. Ordered like 20' of it for practically nothing.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Booooo! But I'll probably go with these servos anyways. Is the connector JR or Futaba on the wire?

Terry- What servo arms are you using?

Yes, JR, I think pretty much everything out there is JR connectors except Futaba and a couple off bread brands.

I am using @Taildraggerrc arms on this bird. Over a year ago I tested them on a scratch build that was going to get stress tested and no issues, I've bought several sets since without issue. One thing is I drill out the little 2mm metric lock bolts because almost all of them break, I installed a 2-56 with a nut and all good.