• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Alert! CALL TO ACTION: FAA threatening new regulations!!!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would imagine there is going to be a movement in Canada to step away from MAAC to another organization or become permitted privately. I've been reading a lot of posts on social media about this issue. My take home is the last 15years of leadership has reconstructed itself to a dictatorship that has disregarded the input of it's leadership board resulting in poorly made decisions including the stand to shut down all model airplane activities to show NAV Canada and TC that they are in control (which was not requested by either entity, thus an unprofessional and childish strong arm act). Doing so led to the self disclosure that their flying fields are in violation within restricted airspace (even though clubs were told to keep flying - but MAAC failed to file the necessary paperwork with NAV Canada). People are suggesting to ask for membership refunds for 2023 due to the fact that MAAC has failed their membership services by shutting down all model aircraft use in Canada. MAAC has failed it's members plain and simple.
If I was a Canadian right now I would be asking private entities about membership services and/or exceptions. MAAC's exception was temporarily pulled because of their stunt. TC has made it's rules and they are very stipulated, much like FAA safety's drone zone. There is so much gray areas that I cannot believe the disregard for traditional model aviation from both governments. Insanity... I feel so bad for our youth. They are breaking several LAWS just by wanting to fly a model airplane. This is so wrong and it disgusts me.

Heres a good recap on whats happenign in canada
You have hit the nail on the head. We are struggling through this mess. Trying to find ways to get back to flying. Took the exam for my RPas, I passed but it was not easy. The questions had nothing to do with fly models, if you had your normal pilot license it would be a lot easier

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Guys get behind these people they are trying to help you do not get into the same predicament we are in Canada. Our flying is stopped completely.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Guys get behind these people they are trying to help you do not get into the same predicament we are in Canada. Our flying is stopped completely.
They have their own agenda as well with smaller planes/drones. Not so much with giant scale. They are FIGHTING though and there’s so much to be said for that!