• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Cbarnes 3D Slab Thread

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Nice job Chris

happy-face-thumbs-up.jpeg

BalsaDust

I will admit the graphix from Dennis really make the tail pop. If it is still alive when dennis can get back in his shop I may have to some stars and bars for it to really stand out.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I will admit the graphix from Dennis really make the tail pop. If it is still alive when dennis can get back in his shop I may have to some stars and bars for it to really stand out.

I am able to do small stuff right now, I can sit there for about 2 hours before my foot goes to sleep lol.....so get me some dims and I'll whip some out

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I decided it was time to rebuild my edge profile. The wing and all the control surfaces where undamaged but the fuse was toast. In my quest to keep it light I built it 1/4" thick and used a 1/4" tube. Well the tube allowed way to much tail twist in rollers. This time around its all 3/8" material. Slight mod done to the nose by shortening it by 3/4". Should help with the CG as on the 4S setup I ran it was a touch nose heavy with the battery butted against the wings LE. Since this will just be a beater and still kind of a prototype I will be using up all the little scraps of covering I have so it will be one ugly little bugger but I will have fun with it.

BalsaDust

Chris, You need to keep your gold ingots in a safer place than your workbench.:laughing:

LMAO. that came from work actually I asked if I could cut up some square stock to use as weights for when I build. They handed me a piece and said have at. Was doing it in a hurry and didn't notice till I was about done that it was brass stock I was cutting.