• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CD'S this is the "What you did to prepare for your event" thread

doublea

100cc
I just was thinking about the 2015 season. I recently joined back up with AMA. I noticed I still had my CD status and was thinking of how much I was interested
in putting on an event to support a cause. Was just curious as to how you guys may go about preparing for such. Tips, thoughts, ideas. Just curious.

For the past two years the AMA has been sponsoring National Model Aviation Day and encouraging clubs across the nation and around the world to participate. Proceeds are going to the Wounded Warrior Project. In 2015 it will be on August the 15th. If this is something you think you would be interested in you can find out more here: http://nationalmodelaviationday.org/
They have lots of good suggestions and tips for running a profitable event which would be helpful even if your were doing an event for a different charity.

doublea

100cc
For the past two years the AMA has been sponsoring National Model Aviation Day and encouraging clubs across the nation and around the world to participate. Proceeds are going to the Wounded Warrior Project. In 2015 it will be on August the 15th. If this is something you think you would be interested in you can find out more here: http://nationalmodelaviationday.org/
They have lots of good suggestions and tips for running a profitable event which would be helpful even if your were doing an event for a different charity.
thank you, wounded warrior is truly the organization that I wanted to help.

thank you, wounded warrior is truly the organization that I wanted to help.

My pleasure, our club has participated the last two years and we've had a real good public turn out. We've even picked up a few new members thanks to the publicity.

doublea

100cc
Awesome. Did you focus the meet on a warbird style meet. Or did you do like a funfly.
My pleasure, our club has participated the last two years and we've had a real good public turn out. We've even picked up a few new members thanks to the publicity.

Awesome. Did you focus the meet on a warbird style meet. Or did you do like a funfly.
It was set up like a funfly with no pilot fees. We stressed the desire to keep at least one or two planes in the air at all times. We wanted action with no down time to keep visitors interested. One of our helicopter gurrus put on some demos, and one of our members has a half scale Patty Wagstaff extra and tore up the sky with it. We took up donations and sold food with all proceeds going to wounded warrior.

doublea

100cc
It was set up like a funfly with no pilot fees. We stressed the desire to keep at least one or two planes in the air at all times. We wanted action with no down time to keep visitors interested. One of our helicopter gurrus put on some demos, and one of our members has a half scale Patty Wagstaff extra and tore up the sky with it. We took up donations and sold food with all proceeds going to wounded warrior.
Gotcha. That makes sense. What did AMA do to help out?

They will send you all kinds of promotional material if you give them a call. Also check out the link I posted above, they have some good PR ideas.