• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 120 with onboard Tach.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Some pics of installed system. total cost under 30.00 including digital tach.

Attachments

• 20141224_135239.jpg
    20141224_135239.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 20141224_150716.jpg
    20141224_150716.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 321
  • 20141224_154325.jpg
    20141224_154325.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 20141224_154332.jpg
    20141224_154332.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 314

Alky6

150cc
I recently picked this up for use on my VVRC 40 twin. Works great. Plugs directly into the tach output on the RCexl ignition and is supposedly optically separated. One item to note, during fast spool ups, the unit can't keep up and you get an erratic rpm reading, much higher than actual (325,000 in one case). It does settle right back down and keep perfect pace with the on-board digital tach.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EVOA107

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
No joy on the linkee , discontinued product. Couldnt even find one on ebay. Bought one from source called " new egg" never heard of em and hope its not a fake site, seems legit, but every buy now button on 3 pages of rc links took me to horizon which says.. el discontinued. Wondering why and if new version is being released.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I recently picked this up for use on my VVRC 40 twin. Works great. Plugs directly into the tach output on the RCexl ignition and is supposedly optically separated. One item to note, during fast spool ups, the unit can't keep up and you get an erratic rpm reading, much higher than actual (325,000 in one case). It does settle right back down and keep perfect pace with the on-board digital tach.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EVOA107

No joy on the linkee , discontinued product. Couldnt even find one on ebay. Bought one from source called " new egg" never heard of em and hope its not a fake site, seems legit, but every buy now button on 3 pages of rc links took me to horizon which says.. el discontinued. Wondering why and if new version is being released.

That would be cool to have. That's why I get my "cheese" melted when radio mfg's (FUTABA) do not offer up support devices as such so we end up making our own. Also Spectrum price is only $9.99 Futaba's would be $99.99 . I predict I will stop ranting on Futaba......maybe. It may very well be that Rcexl and different radio mfg's get their legal "panties" smoking hot.

New Egg is totally legit. Us computer nerds love he place.

BJ Swope

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just an FYI......

I found this at HK for $4.90. Currently out of stock:sorry: of course. It is an Rcexl component so you can plug the Tach out from an Rcexl ignition in to the tm-1000.

optical isolator.jpg