• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

DA250 4 stroke

Mikeq

150cc
orthobird said
WOW!! that motor sounds cool.  is that a Valach?
yep it is
vm120b2-4t_en.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ahhhh...... now I can have sweet dreams. Wouldn't it be cool to have like..oh I dunno.... ten or eleven of these all up and running in air frames? hee hee

DATech

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The DA250F is performing well. It's actually exceeded our expectations. It's one of several engine development projects we have in the works and has been forced to the "back burner" several times while we work on some of the other projects. The basic design is set and were now focusing on tolerances and overall refinement. As an example, we are currently testing a variety of piston to cylinder tolerances. Lots of testing has been done and we have a lot more ahead. No release dates yet.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
DATech said
The DA250F is performing well. It's actually exceeded our expectations. It's one of several engine development projects we have in the works and has been forced to the "back burner" several times while we work on some of the other projects. The basic design is set and were now focusing on tolerances and overall refinement. As an example, we are currently testing a variety of piston to cylinder tolerances. Lots of testing has been done and we have a lot more ahead. No release dates yet.
Well come on man.... Don't ya know there are guys standing in the cold waiting for this motor? Seriously, I would love some info. on expected prop sizes and rpm numbers. I loved my Big Jug Saito's when I was flying glow. Would love a big ole' DA four stroker.
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
DATech said
are you able to say what the fuel efficiency gain is over a similar displacement 2 stroke?

DATech

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So far, fuel consumption is about the same as the DA170, while producing significantly more power.