• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Hello, thank you. I do not know yet, since Brian has to install the radio/tank/batteries. But i suspect between 42 and 44 pounds.

Thanks. I'd be very interested to know when you do find out the final number. In the UK we have a strictly enforced 20Kg (44Lb) limit on airframe weight in IMAC for the foreseeable future. I'm really keen to build a Dalton - hopefully the 300SP when I can obtain a kit, but obviously need to keep it underweight. Ideally I'd use a 4-cylinder engine - DA200 or MVVS190 but might have to go 2-cylinder to keep weight down if it is coming out as tight as you predict.

There are some, who claim, that they have built it, and with a 200, it weighs 38.5 pounds! It can be done. I have yet to do that. DO not know what that entails. I am scared to use less glue. I use "enough" glue.
If you core out, you must reinforce, so there is a tradeoff there.