• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess I meant under and aft of the wing tube. looks kindof like Kevlar and carbon woven together.

Wacobipe

100cc
I guess I meant under and aft of the wing tube. looks kindof like Kevlar and carbon woven together.

Ah...that! That is a sandwich of 1/4 inch ply with carbon fiber on either side. Not really necessary in that application but I had it laying around. It is nice in that the carbon fiber layer stops any denting of the ply from the washer/nuts that are tightened on it. That piece is there to support the rear hanger for the canister.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL I need a red marker to point out what I'm looking out ha ha! Its on the inside of the fuse, on either side supporting the area around and mostly aft of the wing tube. definitely two different types of woven fibers. Not a big deal was just curious.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL I need a red marker to point out what I'm looking out ha ha! Its on the inside of the fuse, on either side supporting the area around and mostly aft of the wing tube. definitely two different types of woven fibers. Not a big deal was just curious.
I think I can translate here. I think he's asking about the fabric in the center of this picture.
downloadfile-15-1.jpg

Wacobipe

100cc
Yeah..I figured that out but have been travelling so unable to answer clearly!

I am unsure exactly what the material is as it was molded into the fuse on delivery. It is definitely carbon fiber, but I am unsure whether the other material is fiberglass or Kevlar. It is only a single layer and it's been layered in there to reinforce the area...the fuselage on this plane is very thin so all stress areas are reinforced in some manner.

fiberglass electrical tubes 2 (2).jpg