• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLG's Anyone?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I've been doing some shopping for a DLG myself. Something about them just has me intrigued as hell lol. I will say that through my research I learned to stay away from the Hobby King ones. Almost all of the non "sponsored" reviews have been really bad, things liked warped wings and tail panels, they are really weak, and they are all too heavy.

The Whipit seems really cool but I don't have a radio for it (I fly ATX) :(

I've been looking at the TopSky Disser, that Skip Miller sells, I figure if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna jump in with both feet like I did with Giant Scale. It is one of the cheapest contest capable composite DLG's on the market, so I'm in as soon as I save up some cash :)

Here's the link for anyone interested :)

http://www.skipmillermodels.com/Super_TopSky_3_0_Disser_p/topsky_3.0_d.htm
That thing looks pretty cool. We'll see how the Whipit goes. If its a blast I might look into upgrading to the Skip Miller version in the future.

As far as not having a radio for the Whipit, you can buy a DX4 or DX5 super cheap.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Look what the mail man brought me today!:banana-dance:

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
LOL that's awesome. May have to pick one up.
Do it! I can't wait to take it to the park or the field where we have a little more room. I was afraid to whip it to hard in the back yard. Even so it still ended up on the roof once. It's amazing how high you can toss it with very little effort.