• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
I was using a Slimeline pitts type muffler on my DA60 ,

IMG_2739.JPG
it's just seating around whating for a new home .

IMG_2736.JPG

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Rusty, the one that you would need for it to fit inside the cowl on the mustang is a specialty one that we offer. Here is a picture of what it looks like

View attachment 93824

And here is the link to the website where you can find it listed https://jtecrc.com/topflitep51wraparound.htm

I've had a few of your mufflers and I've never had any problems. I believe those that did over torqued the mufflers bolts. Is there a recommended torque for the muffler bolts?

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
What I tell guys to do is use a screw driver type ball wrench rather than a "L" style allen wrench. Most guys with an allen wrench get them snug and then take that extra half turn ( There lies the problem ) When they do that the steel bolts start pulling on the aluminum threads in the head. Then you get a mismatch in the pitch of the bolts and the threads in the head. The steel bolt win over aluminum every time.

If a screw driver type ball wrench is used it would be pretty tough to over tighten it. You make it snug.

What I have been telling people is before you mount your muffler take a drop of loctite ( choose your color) put it on the bolt and run it into the head and pull it out. Do this about 3 times before you mount the muffler. It will build up resistance on the threads and help them from backing out due to vibration or over tightening.

Al

thurmma

150cc
Another trick I use is some Hi-temp silicone on the threads. Not much, just a little bit and then use Nordlock lock washers. This has worked great on my ZDZ180 headers.

Rusty 73

100cc
Rusty, the one that you would need for it to fit inside the cowl on the mustang is a specialty one that we offer. Here is a picture of what it looks like

View attachment 93824

And here is the link to the website where you can find it listed https://jtecrc.com/topflitep51wraparound.htm

I see the front box is angled back to fit under the cowl , very specialized .
The issue i had is that it blocked me from adjusting the needles on the carb .In my 3dhs extra there was no place for the throttle servo to mount when the carb was turned needles facing up .

I was able to get 2 flights in, I spent a good deal of time at the field programming the fail safe and then doing a range test, since it was also the maiden flight for the new transmitter. I was worried/nervous, and to break the nerves, I started the day putting in 3 flights with my Extreme Flight 91" Extra with a DA 85, and then I moved up to my Dalton Yak, and put two flights in her, practicing the 2017 Advanced sequence on all flights. After that, I told Stacey, "I AM READY< LEt's DO this!!!"

It was a complete success..

Here is my set up..
Carden 124" Extra 300 Pro
Jeti DC 24 transmitter 2.4 Ghz + triple redundancy with 900 Mhz backup transmission.
0 (ZERO) degree positive wing incidence
47 lbs dry with no added weight for CG
Desert Aircraft 200L
SWB 3 degree motor mount
Desert Aircraft 2-1 deep drop headers
KS 95 rear dump Canisters
Mejzlik 30-13 LF 2 blade prop
MEjzlik 5" spinner w/light backplate
PSP fuel cap and 64 ounce Juicy Juicy Bottle, with two PSP fittings and one from TDRC
McFueller fuel dot
Jeti Central Box 400 (constant 8.2 volts to servos via internal regulators)
Jeti Duplex EX R3/RSW 2.4GHz Receiver (2 of them)
JR NXB 8921 servos x9
AirWild 1.25" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms on the stabs
AirWild 1.5" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms on the ailerons
AirWild 2" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms for the rudder
SWB 4" Wide Rudder trouble truss control horns.
JTEC RAdiowave Carbon Fiber Double Truss control horns on Elevators and Ailerons.
Dubro 6-32 ball cups on all the ends of the connecting links
Home Made 6-32 Fully threaded rods with carbon fiber tubing as links x8
Jeti R3 Electronic switch, turns airplane radio on from the transmitter. No Switch on outside of the airframe.
Pulse 5000 mah 3 S Li-on receiver packs x2
Tech Aero IBEC X 2
Taildraggerrc 20g servo wires
J&J carbon tail gear
White Rose 4.5" main wheels
Aircraft International Foam Super Lite pilot
Monokote covering
Klass Kote Epoxy pain and clear-coat.

Upon take applying 1/2 throttle, airplane took off with low AOA without me giving it elevator. Once i turned it coming back, i noticed it wanted to climb, gave it two clicks of down elevator and it was flying level. Did not have to give any rudder or aileron trim (first time I build an airplane and did not require aileron trim)!

Additionally, once it was flying level, I did take my hands off the transmitter for a good 10 seconds to demonstrate to the peanut gallery how it tracks (Just phenomenal, I have never flown an airplane that tracks this good!)

This airplane cuts thru the wind! Just phenomenal!

Ok, after 1st flight, took maybe 4 minutes or so), after landing her, I moved the batteries back 3 inches as I felt it was ever so slightly nose heavy, then I inspected that all the screws on the linkages were still there, and no surface was loose.

Then took her off again. (there is a video somewhere of this), and then I did the inverted 45 degree climb, and it was ever so slightly coming towards the canopy) and, when flying inverted, I have to give just a tiny bit of push.

Spin Entry = Phenomenal!! Looks like it completely stops forward movement, and then nose and one wing drop. Very Very nice spin entry (stall), (this also tells me my CG is good).

Knife edge flight, no pitch coupling, but there is a very slight roll coupling.

Up-lines, maybe a tiny bit of going positive, but I will test this more, but it was not pulling to left or right. Pretty darn straight on that.

Downlines, I will need to add a downline mix, it has a very minimal amount of pulling out.

The mixes I will add will be all maybe 1 to 2% to make it fly "perfect" as they say!

Coming in for the two landings, I was surprised it slows down plenty to land.

I really like this airplane, and to date, I had never flown a Carden, and I had never flown an Airplane that flies this good. Primo was right!!!

IMG_3451.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG